News   Jul 25, 2024
 419     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 514     0 

Condo Living - Humidity level

argos

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've noticed more now (winter) that there is more static in my apartment and i'm getting nosebleeds once in a while. How do i go about getting rid of this problem? Any quick solution to go about this?

Are there specific Humidifier brand/model that you recommend purchasing to go about this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I use a fairly compact humidifer made by Hunter Douglas during the winter months. I find that it makes a fairly significant difference to the overall comfort of the condo. I do not suffer from anything like nosebleeds though, but I do find it dry without the humidifier in the winter.

A tip, when shopping for a humidifier, make sure to find one that you can clean very easily. I did not investigate this part and as a result my unit is a real pain in the @$$ to clean.

i'm just curious, can aquariums work as a "humidifier", increasing the humidity level in my apartment?

right now it's far to dry, i'm getting static/static shocks every where.

First, house plants help if your so inclined.
Check out a place like Sears or The Bay for humidifiers and stay with a name brand so that filters and wicks will be available for some years to come. I have two Bionaire humidifiers that I've had since the early 1990's and they both still work perfectly. They're virtually silent, they each have two very large tanks and I can still buy filters and wicks for them.
Depending on the size of the space you live in one humidifier may do. I have one for my bedroom, and the second unit serves the living area. No shocks, no zaps and it helps keeps my skin from getting too dry in the winter. My manuals are long gone but if memory serves, I believe each unit covers about 600-700 square feet.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Back