News   Mar 28, 2024
 603     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 433     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 763     0 

Colourful characters from the past

LOL @ Zanta; it's too bad that he got out of shape. I remember when he got removed from the CityTV building and also got a ban from the TTC. But was he really threatening on anybody? I just remember he used to talk so much gibberish so quickly, you couldn't understand him.

LOL @ Zanta; it's too bad that he got out of shape. I remember when he got removed from the CityTV building and also got a ban from the TTC. But was he really threatening on anybody? I just remember he used to talk so much gibberish so quickly, you couldn't understand him.

When I was in high school (early 2000s) he was very aggressive with some of the girls in my group of friends. Keep in mind we were teenagers, so this guy was harassing underage girls.

^Seriously? I remember there were some girls that would pose with him, mostly a freak fetish thing, but I don't recall him being too aggressive to anybody. I guess he got a restraining order :).

Speaking of colourful characters, here's one from the Toronto club scene; I don't know his real name but people used to refer to him as the Asian sensation. Anybody who clubbed in Toronto once in a while from 2002 - 2012 had to have run into him at least once. I've seen him at Menage, the Phoenix, Bovine and I must have gone to the Mod Club 20 times in my life and he was there every single time. He would always dance in a trance like way alone and would get scared if you started dancing obnoxiously and loudly towards him. I once asked him what he does for a living and he said he's retired.

IcVb1fc.jpg

Last edited:
"Not really a person but does anyone remember Mr. Pong's?"
Humpday.

J P's Towing "got rich" from towing Pong's cars from 9 Hanna Avenue; an IRRESISIBLE FORCE against an immovable object.

Being The Building Operator at the time, I gave every Parking Violator 30 days to remove their vehicles (letters every day) and

at the next month's beginning, there was Pong; everyone else had had 30 days "Free Parking", as did Pong.

It finally sank-in that J T & J P weren't fooling-around; this Event took over a month; Hilarious!

Regards,
J T

How about nine decades in the past?

Remember Charles Vance Millar and his Great Stork Derby? He even gave brewery stocks to a group of teetotal Protestant ministers, jockey club stocks to a group of anti-horse-racing advocates, and his estate in Jamaica to a group of three men who strongly detest each other under the condition that the three live together there.

"I love to see a photo of a Mr. Pong's car on the back of a tow truck."
Humpday.

Pong couldn't believe as to just what was happening, in that, I would call for a tow-truck at all hours

of the day or night, 7 days per week. 9 Hanna, although being 500,000 square feet was large, it wasn't

even half of the property under my watch and I did , at that time, live within that building.

My entire idea for the giving a month's notice to all of the illegal trespassers/parkers was to try and

retain at the least, 15 of them who, after the allowed time, would become paid parking tenants; no such

luck, as not even one took-up our offer, least of all, Mr Pong. (LOL)

Sorry, for both you and I; not one pic.

Regards,
J T

"Ah, 9 Hanna. Toronto's Greatest Building, Ever--I miss the joint... "
adma.

Either that, or The Worst; each, for any number of reasons!

Could anyone be interested with a complete history of The Building?
(Fans of Inglis; Addison Radio; Loblaws; light industrial/artist studios;
Log Books; Blueprints.)

Regards,
J T

Thanks for the tip, but I wasn't inquiring, I was asking if there was anyone who had an interest in the history/property.
I was the Building Operator thereof during the 90's.

Kind regards,
J T

Back