News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 411     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

1. The build quality was actually pretty decent in my opinion. I wouldnt say it was outstanding, since i know they throw these buildings up in no time. although the paint on the walls is shitty.

2. i discovered approx 19 deficiencies... they were all pretty minor (paint on floor, scratchs, messy caulking, dings on walls/floors, etc. there was nothing that would stop me from moving in.

3. yes, my unit was complete with towel holders, shower rods, etc

4. CC didnt rush me at all.. but i got there early and had more time with the place

5. i wasn not able to see the amenties, parking, or storage because of construction. sorry, no updates here

6. Yes, the unit was clean. a bit dusty, but to be expected. they said they do another cleaning before moving in.

I was actually suprised at the professionalism CC showed, it was a well organized PDI and they treat you nicely. all in all, im happy with my unit!

Thanks for the update tlight,
Inspite of what I have heard regarding previous Cityplace build quality your review sounds encouraging. I think I will bring some cleaning wipes just in case to check for deficiencies possibly hiding under a coating of dust ;)

I agree with tlight in his comment, however in my case the CC was trying to be smart on me by telling me that I don't own the balcony.
I found less than 20 minor defects, plus the microwave didn't work. My major disappointment was the location of the building entrace and the size of the bedrooms.

Thanks for the pics... looks like you have the “milan†scheme. :)

...however in my case the CC was trying to be smart on me by telling me that I don't own the balcony.

In BC, you wouldn't own the balcony - it would be "exclusive use common property" - I suspect the same would apply to ON as well. It would be for your exclusive use as owner of the adjoining condo unit, but because it it exterior space, and the condo corp. is responsible for all exterior aspects of the building (i.e. membrane, leaks, etc.), the balcony is "owned" by the condo corp. - the same way that the hallways are owned by the condo corp. Same applies to ground floor patios and gardens.
If you "owned" your balcony, you'd be personally responsible for repairing it when the concrete begins to age and crack - and of course, that'll be a condo corp. problem, not your personal one.

In BC, you wouldn't own the balcony - it would be "exclusive use common property" - I suspect the same would apply to ON as well. It would be for your exclusive use as owner of the adjoining condo unit, but because it it exterior space, and the condo corp. is responsible for all exterior aspects of the building (i.e. membrane, leaks, etc.), the balcony is "owned" by the condo corp. - the same way that the hallways are owned by the condo corp. Same applies to ground floor patios and gardens.
If you "owned" your balcony, you'd be personally responsible for repairing it when the concrete begins to age and crack - and of course, that'll be a condo corp. problem, not your personal one.

The interesting thing is that ownership of the balcony shouldn't be an issue when doing the PDI. Common elements, both exclusive and not, are part of the review and deficiencies should be noted.

Here's a shot of Montage/NEO I took.

Attachments

• 2698455747_53eeaf3957_o.jpg
    2698455747_53eeaf3957_o.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 292
^ Thanks, I will try to take another similar shot soon now that the crane is out. This is a shot from my balcony in the Apex building.

Sklar

thats a great vantage point... I assumed it must have been that building or a low flying helicopter (just joking) How long have you lived there? How much of the previous construction have you watched happen? Hope you can contribute more to the Luna and Parade streams in future...

I just hate those brown low cost ugly buildings in the front. How these ever got approved is beyond me. They do nothing for the skyline.

Something was bothering me about this pic... the finish seemed shody. Figured out that the fact that the rangehood/micro is not flush with the rest of the cabinets (not to mention the gap above the cabinets) makes it feel like a rush job. Somehow I doubt they'd fix this under PDI.

The cabinets/fan from the demo suites in comparison:
2064839092_595054a5ea.jpg

2064801696_77b8b167bb.jpg

2064053113_a8ec3faeeb.jpg

Back