News   May 30, 2024
 861     1 
News   May 30, 2024
 533     0 
News   May 30, 2024
 1K     2 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

There was a proposal to build a retirement home further east (where the hole in the ground is, leading to SkyDome Parking), but that was squashed by Ted Rogers (I think... or someone associated with the Jays).

I dont think there was ever a plan to build anything on the current parking lot.

Re: lack of retail in this area. The only space where there is a building but no retail is the SkyDome. Even it has a bit (the Rogers store). I am sure that when Signature gets built, with it's long podium to fill) there will be much more retail. The Bremner side of all of HVE is retail. Spadina will have retail in the new buildings. Where else do you want retail? In buildings that dont exist?

Re: lack of retail in this area. The only space where there is a building but no retail is the SkyDome. Even it has a bit (the Rogers store). I am sure that when Signature gets built, with it's long podium to fill) there will be much more retail. The Bremner side of all of HVE is retail. Spadina will have retail in the new buildings. Where else do you want retail? In buildings that dont exist?
Yes, but it's mostly unexciting crap that might as well not be there. The stretch along HVE is a good start, but the rest is very poor:

- TD bank branch,
- aforementioned Rogers store,
- Subway,
- Dry cleaner,
- a few real estate offices that actually look vacant,
- That little video store (Mr Movie) didn't survive. It's gone.

And we have no reason to expect any better of Signature. If anything, you could have mentioned the Sobeys, which will probably be the biggest factor drawing people into the neighbourhood.

And while I'm here, I feel like taking on RedRaptor's comment again. CityPlace is undeniably cold, and it has nothing to do with the weather. I see just as many people out and about in the area as there were in the spring and summer. Which is to say, not many. The only people I ever see are either walking to their car (to leave cityplace), or walking through cityplace on their way to someplace else.

If anything, you could have mentioned the Sobeys, which will probably be the biggest factor drawing people into the neighbourhood.

But even then, you'd have to brave the perpetual rush hour of cars surrounding City Place. It's not even half built yet and the traffic is a nightmare. Who would want to venture into the bumper to bumper traffic that crawls along and never quite has enough time to make the advanced green just for a Sobeys?

And I don't think anyone's trying to pick a fight here (except for you know who). No one wants to slag CP, I think we all really do want to love it.

But I also think most of us are just reacting to our gut instincts which says this place is gonna be a mess. Speaking for myself, I learned to trust my gut instinct many many years ago. It has never been wrong so far.

Photos taken February 9 looking east from Bathurst St

2253147865_bd943e68c1_b.jpg

In the foreground is the resting place for the frames for the moveable construction panels.
2253147871_2368505b74_b.jpg

Great photos as usual, Current.
Anyones know how may floors are left before this one tops out?

From the renderings, it looks like the skinny top part of Montage is about the same height as the fatter bottom part, so it looks about 3/4 done.

^^^^ ahh.. the "luas" Dublin's version of the subway, or Light-Rail transit system.... the only subway in the world worse than toronto's! (actually, i haven't been to Dublin in a few years, perhaps they have expanded it)

but yes, the bridge looks excellent! and something along those lines would be a marvelous pedestrian bridge... but somehow i doubt we'll get a masterpiece here....

^^^^ ahh.. the "luas" Dublin's version of the subway, or Light-Rail transit system.... the only subway in the world worse than toronto's! (actually, i haven't been to Dublin in a few years, perhaps they have expanded it)

but yes, the bridge looks excellent! and something along those lines would be a marvelous pedestrian bridge... but somehow i doubt we'll get a masterpiece here....
Nope, they haven't expanded it. I gave up on the transit 5 month after moving here and, *gulp*, bought a car.

Anyone reading this who bought a suite in Neo not receive a new tentitive occupancy date in the mail? It's getting close to the three months prior to the May '07 occupancy date and I have yet to receive a letter about the additional delay. Doesn't CP have a three month legal obligation to inform the purchaser?

You will get your notice 2 or 3 days after the 30 day mark - but the letters will be dated and post marked before the 30 days.

You will get your notice 2 or 3 days after the 30 day mark - but the letters will be dated and post marked before the 30 days.

27 Days doesn't leave much notice for purchasers who are renting to come up with alternative housing :(

As mentioned previously, I got mine in the form of registered mail (requiring a signature). I would call Concord and ask for definitive confirmation.

Back