News   May 31, 2024
 917     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.2K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

3733477956_7d71c36923_b.jpg

Looks like the north linear park is ready to be opened. Perhaps the strike is holding things up.

Has anyone noticed the blue lighting that now illuminates the path under spadina (on the south side of the railway tracks)? It looks pretty cool from a distance, but I imagine it's pretty creepy when you're actually walking under there.

^ It's accessible on the west side of Spadina, they just have not taken down the fence under the Spadina bridge. It looks like the section along Luna is almost ready too, just waiting for some bricks to be laid and landscaping (sod and trees) to be planted.

August 2 2009 update

Functionally and aesthetically (exterior wise) this complex is quite successful IMO ~ that Sobeys is sure busy ... :)

IMG_1408.jpg

Functionally and aesthetically (exterior wise) this complex is quite successful IMO

I agree. Looking just at this photo of these buildings, I would agree it looks pretty awesome. It seems the problem is when so many buildings in the cityplace complex look so similar in style that it starts to tire the eyes.

Thanks for the picture!

Sobeys @ Montage is open for business ... it was certainly busy this weekend ! :D

You'll be hitting critical mass soon - just like Concord Pacific Place did in Vancouver when the supermarket opened up here too.

Pedestrian traffic will increase over time as Luna and the projects to the west allow access from both east and west of the commercial precinct.

the Fort York Blvd + Telegram Mews/Brunel Court intersection will surely become a hub of its own in Cityplace in the future with the grocery store, school, and library all surrounding the same crossing :D

Actually, the crossing isn't all that friendly let alone adding in a scramble. The lights won't change for pedestrians unless you press the button. Even if you press it, it's on every other time that it turns green. Let's say it turns bremner turns green. Then Spadina turns green and bremner is red. The Bremner won't show the pedestrian crossing and count down the second time. You will see a "red hand" while the light turns green for cars on bremner. Then light turns red and spadina turns green. After that, bremner will turn green again and show the "green walking" sign when spadina turns red second time.

I end up having to ignore the sign sometimes. If I see the bremner light turn green. I run across bremner even if the red hand signal is on. Cars seem to get priority on that intersection.

Cityplace

To add to this you have no crosswalk on the south side of the intersection. You also have to jay walk if you want to go to the lake on the west side of Spadina.
There is no crosswalk from Sobeys on Brunell either.

Traffic will be crazy on Fort York/Bremmer in the mornings if they only put 4 way stops at the new intersections when all the future towers are completed.

There's issues with all types of development and not just City place. For example I was visiting 18 yonge and management doesn't seem to care there are flies all over their entrance hallway. I wondered if I breathed in any while I was standing there. Also, I heard the city was chasing after the owner for property tax. Seems the builder didn't pay property tax on behalf of the owner but collected the money. I didn't go up to the suites and amenities so I don't know the state of the building other than the front entrance.

If you want cheapening, infinity elevators were small and slow. I felt a bit claustrophobic. There wasn't a lot of natural lighting in their amenities area either.

I saw a unit at 66 portland street. Entrance was okay. The unit seemed unfinished because the ceiling vents and stuff weren't covered. The closet door creaked too. I don't know about the standard of the build (if parts break easily or not). The washroom cabinet (under the sink) seemed small.

I was also at the MET building. I didn't get any warm feelings about the area either. The entrance hallway felt small since I'm used to very tall ceilings at entrances. The suite was well designed for 2 bdrm, but I found the kitchen cabinets were cheapened and I notice hardwood floors might not be so good. They were a lot of noticeable scratches in the living room. Natural lighting wise, it was decent but not great. Maybe it's the direction the room is facing. I can't comment on amenities. I didn't see them.

I can understand why so many buildings are floor to ceiling glass. People might diss there are too many buildings with it, but people who live there will think differently. You get more natural light with floor to ceiling glass. You can save energy and also natural lighting feels ALOT different than turning on the light.

Also, the renters who complain it's cheaply made, chances are they might not care to take care of the place and break stuff. If you are careful and take care of the unit, it should be alright. I agree some units might not turn out so great, but I wouldn't say all units are bad. Also some buildings may be bad, not due to the builder but by the people living in the building. It all depends on the type of people there.

I rent at 18 Yonge, and although, at least in my unit, the room sizes are quite small and the fixtures and finishes fairly basic, I have had no problems in the unit or the building with anything breaking or not working.

ops wrong post on crapping. About 18 Yonge, I'm not sure about how it is inside the unit. However I found at the front entrance there were a lot of flies. It made it feel kind of ghetto.

Back