News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 695     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

If you look real close to the render, you'll see that the top section of the balacony is not brick but glass. A good idea, as most units are fairly narrow and could use the additional light.

1203576675_f89248a3db_o.jpg

I wish they'd provide context to these renderings. Its always a little difficult to imagine how the building will look in an actual setting.

Forget context, the rendering is off in a more important way: I just walked past the building and don't count on a nice facade of blue/clear glass. We are getting dark smokey glass and lots of dark grey panels. Let the 'sighing' begin.

I hope they stay close to the rendering as possible. I kind of like the clean look of blue glass windows.

^too late ... same glass/spandrel as the Hudson (however I think the spandrel on the Hudson is glass unlike this one)

Does anyone have a large, quality rendering of Montage? I can't find a nice version of the rendering anywhere, and I am in LOVE with this tower.

Thank you in advance!

ok, I saw the red "brick" in person today. In its current state it is indeed quite ugly. Bright red, not the almost pastel facade in the render.

Here's to hoping it evolves.

There actually wont be too much of the red "brick" covering this building, so I wouldnt worry.
As I stated in another post, I still prefer this to 1 City Hall, which has horribly chipped pre-cast. At least this building has something unique, and not the same old beige coloured precast slabs. It doesnt really look like brick up close, so maybe we shouldnt be thinking of it that way, but rather as precast with a grooved pattern.

How many of you in this forum have bought a property or is living at City Place. All this pro and con comments with regard to Cityplace makes me wonder how many of you are stakeholders verses outside observers.

There actually wont be too much of the red "brick" covering this building, so I wouldnt worry.

Hmmm, maybe not too much red here but now I'm concerned about what material the red portion of Montage will be.

How many of you in this forum have bought a property or is living at City Place. All this pro and con comments with regard to Cityplace makes me wonder how many of you are stakeholders verses outside observers.

i personally know 5 people who live there... and have talked to at least a dozen others. I hear nothing but praise. Everyone seems to love their buildings and the amenities... and also seem to love the location. Let's not forget that most people aren't as picky as the people on these forums.

Also, most of these people had moved into cityplace from out in the burbs, so anything would be a step up.

and also seem to love the location. Let's not forget that most people aren't as picky as the people on these forums.

The location is amazing! I've never understood how people could complain about the location of Cityplace.

Back