News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 691     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

I've actually been wondering where they would switch the names from Fort York to Bremner. Thanks for the information.

I definitely get where you're coming from about the great river effect, but I live just north of the railway tracks and it's a real inexplicable psychological barrier. I will happily walk twice as far north into the city as I will walk south across the tracks. A walk up to Queen is pleasant while the walk down to Bremner, half the distance, is an ordeal. It doesn't really make sense, but other people who come to visit me have said the exact same thing and it's even more extreme for them than it is for me. Maybe as the whole area is built out, it will feel like more a part of the city.

Originally, the extension was supposed to be Bremner to Bathurst, but that was changed a few years ago. Not sure why the city changed their minds. Maybe they wanted Fort York to have more of a presence and connection with the downtown.

Another pic from yesterday, showing the tracks....

trainriver.jpg

Great updates. They're rising fast which is nice to see as Montage is the most different (and my favourite) of the condos so far.

Originally, the extension was supposed to be Bremner to Bathurst, but that was changed a few years ago. Not sure why the city changed their minds. Maybe they wanted Fort York to have more of a presence and connection with the downtown.

Exactly right! There is a quiet but concerted effort underway at the City to give the fort more stature in the public eye.

Perhaps a few modernist condos in the middle of the Fort York's drill grounds would give it even more stature and visitors, and connect it with the rest of the city.

*ducks*

Okay, to bring this back from tongue-in-cheek references to other projects, and back towards topic, there's now a good canyon effect on Lower Spadina.

CityPlace.jpg

^ Goes to show that the Gardiner isn't so bad when stuff is built around it. Infact I think it adds a little something.

It looks like the Luna site is shored and ready to go... interestingly, the site west of Luna (presumably Parade) also appears shored and prepped at a glance.

Fort York Blvd looks ready for asphalt... it's up to grade all the way to Bathurst and fire hydrants et al are in place.

Back