News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 683     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

If you are expecting honesty from ANY salesperson selling ANYTHING then you are too naive to be buying real estate. This is why we do our due diligence first, because we KNOW the salespeople will not be giving us the full truth.

Point taken, gei. But as I mentioned in my post, I came in and "pretended" to be an interested buyer. My ":(" was purely sarcasm. Also, I don't expect honesty from ANY salesperson selling ANYTHING. I work in the marketing/advertising industry and thus know how things are done ;). I only came in to collect the sales/marketing materials and to see how the agents try and put a spin on some of the questions I asked.

Once I was buying a used car and I noticed an odd sound coming from the engine bay and shockingly, the used car salesman just brushed off my questions about it and continue to try to sell me the car! :eek:

/sarcasm

If you are expecting honesty from ANY salesperson selling ANYTHING then you are too naive to be buying real estate. This is why we do our due diligence first, because we KNOW the salespeople will not be giving us the full truth.

I hear you. Though sometimes it’s very difficult for the buyer to actually perform the correct level of due diligence in a perceived seller's market. Cityplace for example, in my opinion, has a take or leave it attitude when they are pressed for information beyond their script. I have also spoke to a number of buying agents who have expressed the same level of frustration when trying to get information for their clients.

Pro Cityplace?

Why are so many of you "anti-cityplace" here? What's wrong with the development/location? I'd really like to hear the reasons as to why some of you are so skeptical. I don't believe the trains, china town, or even the bulidings themselves are a deterrent. This is life in the city. People will not be renting for the most part; they will be home owners and will take pride in where they live.

As I've said many times, every single person I know who lives in Cityplace absolutely loves it. It's very easy to throw a random uninformed opinion out there.... so I'd take everything I read here with a bit of salt.

Why are so many of you "anti-cityplace" here? What's wrong with the development/location? I'd really like to hear the reasons as to why some of you are so skeptical. I don't believe the trains, china town, or even the bulidings themselves are a deterrent. This is life in the city. People will not be renting for the most part; they will be home owners and will take pride in where they live.

There are 21 pages in this thread. If you want to reconstruct the arguments made by people who don't like Cityplace, perhaps that's the place to start? Remember that nearly all buildings in the development have threads here which are full of pro and anti Cityplace debates. Instead of asking people to restate what has been said before, just go read it for yourself.

BTW I am pro-Cityplace.

I agree with Project End, not everyone is anti-City Place on this thread. I think CityPlace is getting better with each new project. This is a massive project with many buildings and I think there were some poorly designed and constructed buildings and there are some good ones. Neo in particular is turning out quite nice

Gei - Thanks, I'm new here and was a bit confused/concerned as to why I seemed to be reading more negative comments directed towards Cityplace. Now I see that it's all just a matter of opinion. I thought it might be more than that (if that makes any sense). I know people who live there as well and only have positive things to say.

PE - I was just reading some of the other threads and didn't realize there was so much written here about the development.

HR - Ultimately, some people will like it and some people will not. We all want what's best for our city; especially if you live or own in Cityplace (as I do).

Thanks for responding! :)

I think a lot of the negativity here is a result of disappointment. I think it turned out only OK. Considering they had a blank slate it could have been much better.

A blank canvas spoiled. It couldn't be more uninviting. So very, very sad.

DSCN1876.jpg

DSCN1878.jpg

DSCN1880.jpg

I must admit that walking down Spadina through the stretch of Condos is very uncomfortable...even on a beautiful sunny day. However driving down that stretch of Spadina at night, there is a sense of awe at these tall giants all lit up. I agree with most that lots more should have been done to address how these buildings meet the street.

Or that strech of Spadina is just massive and that's the fault of the street and nothing more. :cool:

As most have already mentioned, this is a brand new development that's still under construction and it takes time to create that feeling; and we do still have a lot to look forward to. Once the grocery store, park, LCBO etc. are complete things will be very different in that area. What specifically would you change about what we see at street level?

It looks sleek, sophisticated, modern, "simple" with not too much going on. They need to appeal to a wide range of people and that's what this appearence does (for the most part). I do agree that more retail in the area would be appreciated, but I feel it's all a matter of time.

Do any of you know if anything will be done about that "fence" on Front?

yep... this development isn't even REMOTELY finished. I'd hold off my judgement for now.

Also the canyon effect once you exit from the gardiner onto spadina is becoming quite impressive. It used to be once you exited onto spadina you felt you still had to drive a bit to actually get into "downtown". Now you feel like you're right in it immediately.

Luna and Gei both make excellent points. However while I am personally pro-Cityplace, some of those pictures do make it seem a little monotonous. Beautiful lighting though, thanks Casaguy!

Recognize that these buildings were created for one purpose- to greatly enhance the wealth of one of the planet's wealthiest men- not to enhance the asthetic, cultural or communal landscape of Toronto. Often the two goals are mutually beneficial but with the overwhelming (70%/80%/???) absentee/offshore owner component they sadly are not in this instance. That reality explains the ugly designs, sub-standard planning and under-achieving construction quality of this massive eyesore.

Back