News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

I agree with MetroMan - it is likely that the design has been altered since the renderings were created early on. I hope they were considered to be conceptual only...

In in regards to seeing scaffolding up again so quickly: could we have asked for anything better? No one would have believed we would be relieved of it so soon...

Let's hope this makeover is not one we'll regret.

I agree with MetroMan - it is likely that the design has been altered since the renderings were created early on. I hope they were considered to be conceptual only...

In in regards to seeing scaffolding up again so quickly: could we have asked for anything better? No one would have believed we would be relieved of it so soon...

Let's hope this makeover is not one we'll regret.

Maybe in a few years we'll see the same thing across the street at TLS! ;)

That torch does look hideous. Like a Libeskind crystal gone wrong.

Perhaps we can get an inspiration from the Olympic torch in Beijing...

P200808242221361064414941.jpg

I like the Beijing Olympics torch design a lot ... so they take it down later?? hm...

Are Omni and City usimg the hoarded off small brick building directly east of the Torch? (formerly a printing press) Do they plan to connect the two buildings, match floor heights and open the walls to create more space, or is this a separate project?

The notice says it's two separate properties. Plus, I don't think this city allows things to hang over roads :/

Yeah that's too bad, the city could make a lot of $ selling air rights here and there throughout the city. Imagine if the new facade of the AGO extended out over Dundas Street, that would be kinda cool.

Deconstruction Continues

dsc01049hs8.jpg

I'm guessing a render is going to pop up on the billboards before we see them online. I'm curious to see what they'll do with that crystal-like tower. I'm hoping its a funky LED display. :)

having this HQ closer to the east side will be a big improvment for anything east of yonge... including the condo market!

I think it's a great idea!

Back