News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 672     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

whoo, two posts in a row.

Elevate's closed - bailiff's notice in the door indicating the locks have been changed for non-payment of rent.

We could have started a pool.

OMG, Ya! I saw this the other day when I was waling by. That was one of the shortest lived establishments ever lol. jeez

Rumour had it the the old Bigliardi's space was going to become a strip joint. There is a liquor license application posted on the door, but the notice says it is for Pizzaiola, the pizza place that takes up part of the space. Does anyone know what is really happening there? I also noticed that it has ledges with railings built outside that would be perfect platfroms for dancers on Pride, which might support the strip joint theory.

I've heard that it's going to be a complex with several levels like Sky in Montreal, minus the rooftop patio unfortunately.

Rumour had it the the old Bigliardi's space was going to become a strip joint. There is a liquor license application posted on the door, but the notice says it is for Pizzaiola, the pizza place that takes up part of the space. Does anyone know what is really happening there? I also noticed that it has ledges with railings built outside that would be perfect platfroms for dancers on Pride, which might support the strip joint theory.

George (of Play) is taking over Bigliardi's. Info a few posts back from dt_toronto_geek...

dt_toronto_geek said:
This week's Xtra! did a piece on Boutique Bar and the former Bigliardi's space, opening in August called "Flash". The mystery is finally unveiled.

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Tw...h_St-8911.aspx

Ya, I've heard it's supposed to become that Flash place. But it's not really clear what that establishment is. I think it's more than a strip club because in the article they mention how there'll be dancing as well. So I dunno...I'm thinking something closer to Goodhandys. I didnt' think GH's was doing that well though, so I'm surprised a 2nd one would pop up (no pun intended, lol)

Ya, I've heard it's supposed to become that Flash place. But it's not really clear what that establishment is. I think it's more than a strip club because in the article they mention how there'll be dancing as well. So I dunno...I'm thinking something closer to Goodhandys. I didnt' think GH's was doing that well though, so I'm surprised a 2nd one would pop up (no pun intended, lol)

Goodhandy's location isn't the greatest

George (of Play) is taking over Bigliardi's. Info a few posts back from dt_toronto_geek...

That link seems dead, try this one

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Two_new_hangouts_on_Church_St-8911.aspx

I don't think new licenses are issued in many wards, existing ones have been grandfathered for the last couple of decades hence the few adult clubs downtown - and none in the Village.

I've heard that it's going to be a complex with several levels like Sky in Montreal, minus the rooftop patio unfortunately.

I agree with you that the lack of rooftop patios/restaurants is REALLY tragic in this city. When I was in Montreal a few weeks ago it was absolutely amazing the size and level of activity up on these rooftops, not to mention the view! And I'm not talking about just nightclubs having rooftops, but even bars and lounges as well. It was sooo amazing sipping a Majito 8 storeys high, watching the sunset.

Toronto's zoning bylaws are shit in that they basically prohibit patios and esp. rooftop ones. Really really sad. Lighten up a bit. I realize you don't want drunken clubgoers and music playing at 2am in the morning when you're adjacent to a residential area, but I think there is great potential for rooftop patios, even if they're highly regulated. Toronto is blessed with a beautiful skyline and view of the lake, and we're not at all using these assets to our full potential. Truly tragic! (sorry for the rant)

I don't think new licenses are issued in many wards, existing ones have been grandfathered for the last couple of decades hence the few adult clubs downtown - and none in the Village.

This is part of the lame bylaws we have in T.O., as bigtony points out. Montreal has TONS of strip clubs and they help make the city FUN!!!

Soil testing at Church & McGill. New building coming?

chmcgill.jpg

Brace yourself folks, PC Village might be closing. Their sister store across the street at Yonge & Isabella closed down recently and when I went into PC Village yesterday the place was half empty. I asked an employee if they were closing and he said maybe/maybe not. I would really miss this place, I've bought almost all of my computer equipment there and did all my repairs and upgrades there. If they do close, are there any alternatives close by?

Brace yourself folks, PC Village might be closing. Their sister store across the street at Yonge & Isabella closed down recently and when I went into PC Village yesterday the place was half empty. I asked an employee if they were closing and he said maybe/maybe not. I would really miss this place, I've bought almost all of my computer equipment there and did all my repairs and upgrades there. If they do close, are there any alternatives close by?

There's Bay-Charles electronics, I think they do PC repair/upgrades otherwise a cab or streetcar over to Spadina & College (College west of Spadina) & you'll find a dozen places over there.

Back