News   Jul 12, 2024
 424     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 481     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 266     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

The park is finished now. It's a conceptual installation piece designed to remind the gays of the temporal nature of existence.

And here I was thinking a park should just be a pretty, clean, safe place to sit and play in. :p

(Honestly, I haven't seen it yet.)

Most of Cawthra Park will get this stone work.

cawthraparkm9.jpg

Maybe it will look better when it's all done. But, so far... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
They laid that stone down pretty darn fast! I walked by the other day and those weren't there.

As for how they look...it's questionable. We'll see when the whole design is complete. Maybe they'll look better after a bit of wear and tear??

I don't know... if you ask me it looks far better than what was there before. Put some decent furniture in there and we'll have a nice little public square in the village.

New restaurant being prepared. That's going to be one giant patio. I think it's being opened by the woman who owns Smith & Wish.

Holy crap! They've merged the patios! Not a bad idea. Let's hope they don't just open for Pride, make a quick buck, then close after the summer. It's a prime spot; it'd be good to see this space actually used. Maybe they can turn this into a covered/heated patio in the winter. And maybe they can merge the interiors and create one giant bar/club space inside! OK, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost anything would be better than the garbage that was there before. It was always a nice patio, just lacked food, drinks, service.....

Back