Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

jausa ... based on the photos I think VTP's issue with his unit is the 1 foot dropped ceiling throughout the entire den (not typical) and dropped ceiling in the entrance foyer area (not pretty but in fact often seen in other condo)

it may help if VTP shows 2 comparison photos shot from similar vantage points

Further Detail From Today's Correspondence

Hi group,

I received an email response from Henderson's marketing employee in Vancouver, here is the majority of that info and my response...

CENTRO EMAIL:

Thank you for your email.

As mentioned, we are in the process of reviewing all requests, and will contact you IF you are assigned a storage locker unit. Per my letter April 5, and also the email you received in response to your request on April 13, we do not have enough storage locker units for everyone who requests a storage locker unit.

Perhaps the best solution for you would be to find storage space off-site. I can't confirm with you at this moment whether you will be assigned a storage locker unit or not.

MY RESPONSE

At this stage, almost 2 months since the April 13 email I can not understand how we at the very least, do not even know if a locker will be issued. That is all I am trying to asses at this point, yes or no so that I can make the appropriate arrangements for other storage means.

Logic would dictate that you would have two lists, List A would list all of the lockers being constructed, and List B would list all of the unit owners who indicated an interest in purchasing a locker.

List B would list the names of the owners from top to bottom in the order in which they replied to the letter by email.

By going down and eliminating one locker per name in List B, until reaching the point where for example, our name is on that list, you could easily tell if we are going to be receiving a locker once they are ready.

Please let me know if this form of analysis is possible and what the results are.

Thank you,

What do you guys/gals think, is that not the easiest thing for them to do? How can they still not know 2 months after the fact? I believe we are bordering on incompetence or is it ignorance?

Hi Centro owners,

Does anyone have any info on how their locker situation has been going?

We purchased our unit in Aug 2008 and we moved into the condo on March 15 and still do not have anything.

The builder sent out letters in the mail and then who ever responds to that letter by email the fastest gets priority on the limited lockers. What the $!$#! is that crap? Even more ridiculous is that our mail for the South Tower is still being delivered to a Canada Post distribution center instead of the building so we didn't get the letter until 3 days after it arrived because it is insane to drive to Canada Post every day.

Another moronic choice by the developer is to have the locker assignment done by a marketing employee in Vancouver who will only exchange contact through email and will not elevate any concerns we have or provide us with a phone number of someone else to speak to.

We sent our email response to their letter on April 13 - 3 days after the letter arrived - and as of June 6 we still don't even know if we are getting a locker or not and have not been taken seriously or provided any form of feedback in our requests.

To say that Henderson is dropping the ball on this would be an understatement.

I've been in my unit since March 15 and I still have boxes on the balcony and am airing out hockey gear in my den instead of using it for actual living space.

I remember one person on the forums mentioned they have family who works for Henderson, is there a number for complaints we can use or anyone we can speak to to get any bit of information on this? The marketing person is clueless and the Toronto sales office, customer service office and building manager just tell us - "we do not deal with the lockers, that is for the Vancouver office, just email info@livingcentro.com"

What a freaking joke.

tell me about it

The worst is Tammy on the 3rd floor in customer service. You can barely understand her over the phone/ in person. How the hell she get to be customer service coordinator?
when she seems to not know anything about customer service

Hi Centro owners,

Does anyone have any info on how their locker situation has been going?

We purchased our unit in Aug 2008 and we moved into the condo on March 15 and still do not have anything.

The builder sent out letters in the mail and then who ever responds to that letter by email the fastest gets priority on the limited lockers. What the $!$#! is that crap? Even more ridiculous is that our mail for the South Tower is still being delivered to a Canada Post distribution center instead of the building so we didn't get the letter until 3 days after it arrived because it is insane to drive to Canada Post every day.

Another moronic choice by the developer is to have the locker assignment done by a marketing employee in Vancouver who will only exchange contact through email and will not elevate any concerns we have or provide us with a phone number of someone else to speak to.

We sent our email response to their letter on April 13 - 3 days after the letter arrived - and as of June 6 we still don't even know if we are getting a locker or not and have not been taken seriously or provided any form of feedback in our requests.

To say that Henderson is dropping the ball on this would be an understatement.

I've been in my unit since March 15 and I still have boxes on the balcony and am airing out hockey gear in my den instead of using it for actual living space.

I remember one person on the forums mentioned they have family who works for Henderson, is there a number for complaints we can use or anyone we can speak to to get any bit of information on this? The marketing person is clueless and the Toronto sales office, customer service office and building manager just tell us - "we do not deal with the lockers, that is for the Vancouver office, just email info@livingcentro.com"

What a freaking joke.

Air Condition Question

Hi everyone,

I have a question, do all of you guy's air condition working?
I tried turn on for 30 mins and it still didn't have any temp change.
I saw a post it said the AC was on since May 20. I'm just surprice.

yes had the same problem.
switch the white (main)switch off, wait a minute and switch it on.
then it works
jausa

Hi everyone,

I have a question, do all of you guy's air condition working?
I tried turn on for 30 mins and it still didn't have any temp change.
I saw a post it said the AC was on since May 20. I'm just surprice.

our entire entrance area is also a feet lower.
never really recognized it and never cared about it.
if this is victors main problem, then sorry.
there must me more things why he's so unsatisfied with his unit.
btw, we don't have a den.

jausa

jausa ... based on the photos I think VTP's issue with his unit is the 1 foot dropped ceiling throughout the entire den (not typical) and dropped ceiling in the entrance foyer area (not pretty but in fact often seen in other condo)

it may help if VTP shows 2 comparison photos shot from similar vantage points

Lockers Designated

Hi group,

I've been told by our lovely marketing employee in Henderson's Vancouver office that all the lockers have been issued as of today.

So if you don't have a reply by today, you, like me, are out of luck apparently.

What a joke. I have never dealt with a company that handled a situation so poorly and so backwards as to how it should have logically been done.

Anyone get a locker?

Anyone else get the short end like myself?

I am going to pursue this with the better business bureau and my legal counsel.

They gave parking spaces to various units - even our 1 + den came with one. But lockers were not pre-assigned.

It was all done by who emailed first indicating their interest after receiving the letter from the marketing person.

However it is important to note - if you are not yet in the building you received your mail right to your current address and got it the day it arrived - if you were already living in the Centro condo as we are, the letter went to a Canada Post distribution centre and you only get your mail when you drive over to pick it up - since we picked it up 3 days after it arrived apparently those 3 days were enough for them to completely sell out of lockers.

Even though we purchased in 2008, indicated interest in a locker in 2008 and offered to give a cheque in full in 2008 - someone who just bought a unit in spring 2011 would have received their letter at home, replied before we did and received a locker.

I want someone at Henderson to explain to me on what planet is that a way to do business?

Am I wrong, or do the two bedroom suites come with a parking and locker?

WOW....am I surprised?
not really

I hope you do take this to better business bureau and your legal counsel
hope you win.... good luck!!!

Hi group,

I've been told by our lovely marketing employee in Henderson's Vancouver office that all the lockers have been issued as of today.

So if you don't have a reply by today, you, like me, are out of luck apparently.

What a joke. I have never dealt with a company that handled a situation so poorly and so backwards as to how it should have logically been done.

Anyone get a locker?

Anyone else get the short end like myself?

I am going to pursue this with the better business bureau and my legal counsel.

hello
have any of you guys completed your 30 day PDI???

At this moment I have almost 60 things that need to be fixed!!!

They were suppose to come last week to fix 6 or so things but never showed when they had it scheduled. The next day there was another piece of paper stuck to my door saying they didn't have time and would reschedule, of course, at their convenience.

Hmm, classical owngoal...
Today afternoon my aircondition system doesnt work any longer.
Just blow, but no cold air.
Anyone expirienced same stuff?
jausa

yes had the same problem.
switch the white (main)switch off, wait a minute and switch it on.
then it works
jausa

Back