Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

right now.... you can access through the building w/o the keyfob

you get a keyfob that you just tap to open the door.

Does anyone have pics of the amenity area? And what kind of security access keyfob does the building have? Is it the new kind that you point and push a button, or is it the one you tap?

Hi Ontnut or others who have bought Centro

Since most of us are on the occupancy stage, do you guys know how to action section 29 of your contract? I have spoken to the builder/developer and he told me the floor that I am on was messed up. The problem is both on the North and South building.

Henderson Development did not intentionally do this on purpose, but this was building flaw that was too late to be prevented.
If I showed you guys the pics I have taken of my suite, you would ALL understand the frustration that I am going through with Henderson Development. I have even spoken to people working at the unit, and they say the developer messed up as well.
I basically want my deposit back and I want to purchase somewhere else. Luckily I didnt pay for any upgrades.........

Np:)
I asked to check out the amenities, but it wasn't an issue at all, you could've just walked in yourself.
Overall the PDI was good, since I had a few upgrades done a few things weren't quite ready yet, like the marble window sills, half of the kitchen countertop, wine cooler etc., but those will all be in. One of the kitchen cabinet windows' glass had cracked, some minor paint touchups and couple things in the bathrooms like mirrors and installation of the shower in the master. But everything was mechanically and electrically functioning.

Hey VICTORthePHENOM

Do you mind letting us know what the issue is with your floor or post pictures? You don't have to provide specific details if you're not comfortable, but at least give us a general idea.

thanks

Sorry, you talk and talk and talk and say nothing.
What the heck is so messed up? What floor and why in both buildings the same floor?
You say if you could see pics , so go ahead, place pics.
Right now everything you write is weird.

Hi Ontnut or others who have bought Centro

Since most of us are on the occupancy stage, do you guys know how to action section 29 of your contract? I have spoken to the builder/developer and he told me the floor that I am on was messed up. The problem is both on the North and South building.

Henderson Development did not intentionally do this on purpose, but this was building flaw that was too late to be prevented.
If I showed you guys the pics I have taken of my suite, you would ALL understand the frustration that I am going through with Henderson Development. I have even spoken to people working at the unit, and they say the developer messed up as well.
I basically want my deposit back and I want to purchase somewhere else. Luckily I didnt pay for any upgrades.........

Last edited:
As soon everyting is well setup i have no problems to place pics.
We're still waiting for some things to arrive and to be done.
However, our setup is/will be different from a setup most of the people would do.
Not the typical thing.....

Good to hear you're still happy Jausa!
I went in again on Wednesday and not everything had been finished yet...still about a week or so they say, which I suppose is to be expected due to the extra things they had to add. I will make sure to check all the PDI things though and submit the 30 day form to Tarion if necessary, but they do seem willing to fix any issues. My locker is actually inaccessible right now because the wrong door handle lock was installed - but they have assured me it will be replaced by next week since they have to order the part.
Can you post some pics of your place as it is furnished now Jausa, if you don't mind? Would really like to see how you laid out the place!

Yeah...garage is pretty tight right now with all the traffic for PDI and construction. And both my actual parking spots are blocked with construction machines/materials right now! So I guess I will have to park in visitor spaces for the time being.

I can appreciate the frustration you are dealing with VTP ... unfortunately we all deal with different 'crap' from the builder when it comes to new construction, regardless how 'reputable' the builder is (I had my own issues with Tridel @ Solaris)

But on the other hand, asking for your deposit back now is probably a bad idea, because your unit has likely appreciated quite a bit in value and you are better of just reselling it later ..... if you pushed I'm sure the builder will GLADLY take the unit back and sell it at today's prices very easily ..... just my 2 cents worth

good luck

What the heck is so messed up? What floor and why in both buildings the same floor?

jausa, I think VTP's issue is that the den area in his unit @ Centro has only 7 foot ceilings (whereas 8 foot is normal), based on his previous posts:

I thought these condos would have 8 ft ceilings at least. The den in my condo is ONLY 7ft ceiling?!?!?! WTH
ask him whats wrong with the only floor out of the 35 floors
I have checked every floor/unit from the 3rd to upper penthouse. The floor that I am on, is the only floor that has the problem. Both buildings have the same issue.
This floor is huge mess up, henderson does not seem to want to compensate..... so I am waiting for them to action section 29 on the contract
I have spoken to the builder/developer and he told me the floor that I am on was messed up. The problem is both on the North and South building.

some pics from today

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

66.jpg

77.jpg

88.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

Thanks for the pics Jausa! Do they just leave access to the amenities open so anyone can get in?

Hi Jausa

Here is a pic of my entrance
Do you guys notice anything wrong?
dsc01726r.jpg

By victorthephenom

Here is pic of how every entrance is like on a Maple
dsc01682h.jpg

By victorthephenom

Yes was easy (when you live here).
Went to Floor 3, had a peek on the garden area and used the outside stairway to the recreation area. (Floor 5).
A door was open and we just jumped in...

Thanks for the pics Jausa! Do they just leave access to the amenities open so anyone can get in?

You are right, the appreciation of the condo has probably went up by now
I think I am going to get claustrophobic in my unit..........

I can appreciate the frustration you are dealing with VTP ... unfortunately we all deal with different 'crap' from the builder when it comes to new construction, regardless how 'reputable' the builder is (I had my own issues with Tridel @ Solaris)

But on the other hand, asking for your deposit back now is probably a bad idea, because your unit has likely appreciated quite a bit in value and you are better of just reselling it later ..... if you pushed I'm sure the builder will GLADLY take the unit back and sell it at today's prices very easily ..... just my 2 cents worth

good luck

Hi Victor

No not really, only on one picture a flash is in use and on the other not.
However, if Solaris is right you have a problem that your Den has a 1' lower ceiling? Is this true?
Or has your unit overall a lower ceiling.
Your pic does not show too much.

Jausa

Hi Jausa

Here is a pic of my entrance
Do you guys notice anything wrong?
dsc01726r.jpg

By victorthephenom

Here is pic of how every entrance is like on a Maple
dsc01682h.jpg

By victorthephenom

Ontnut, do you have a confirmed occupancy date? I'm curious because you have a penthouse unit, and I have a unit on the 31st floor (legal 27) and I haven't even had my PDI scheduled yet.

Last edited:
Locker Issues

Hi Centro owners,

Does anyone have any info on how their locker situation has been going?

We purchased our unit in Aug 2008 and we moved into the condo on March 15 and still do not have anything.

The builder sent out letters in the mail and then who ever responds to that letter by email the fastest gets priority on the limited lockers. What the $!$#! is that crap? Even more ridiculous is that our mail for the South Tower is still being delivered to a Canada Post distribution center instead of the building so we didn't get the letter until 3 days after it arrived because it is insane to drive to Canada Post every day.

Another moronic choice by the developer is to have the locker assignment done by a marketing employee in Vancouver who will only exchange contact through email and will not elevate any concerns we have or provide us with a phone number of someone else to speak to.

We sent our email response to their letter on April 13 - 3 days after the letter arrived - and as of June 6 we still don't even know if we are getting a locker or not and have not been taken seriously or provided any form of feedback in our requests.

To say that Henderson is dropping the ball on this would be an understatement.

I've been in my unit since March 15 and I still have boxes on the balcony and am airing out hockey gear in my den instead of using it for actual living space.

I remember one person on the forums mentioned they have family who works for Henderson, is there a number for complaints we can use or anyone we can speak to to get any bit of information on this? The marketing person is clueless and the Toronto sales office, customer service office and building manager just tell us - "we do not deal with the lockers, that is for the Vancouver office, just email info@livingcentro.com"

What a freaking joke.

Back