News   Jul 25, 2024
 422     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 517     0 

Buying Boxing Day Furniture, worth it?

zeeden

Member Bio
Reaction score
I won't be moving in to my unit until February, should I buy something during boxing week and have in delivered in February or should I just wait until February to buy?

Are there any significant savings during Boxing Week?

Perfect timing...most furniture not manufactured in Canada takes about 8 weeks to arrive from China. I would...

Don't be like me, I moved in end of October and still don't have any furtniture besides a bed and a tv stand.

i started looking for furniture at the end of October. I can't find anything that will be available in the near future (I want to buy a sofa first before i get anything else). A sofa i want at Casalife will take 5 months. A few others are sold out. If you see something you like, just buy it.

YES!

But i think most of the sales are from the big box stores. I bought a good quality queen size mattress during boxing day (week) a couple of years back for 50% off regular price and they (Sears Home) threw in free delivery and an extra 10% off as well.

However, the high-end or boutique furniture stores rarely have a boxing week sale. Unless someone else on this board knows of a sale and I'll be there!

If you happen to shop at The Brick, and you see something there you like, one way to give yourself a sale early is just to note the info down and then head over to United Furniture Warehouse. The Brick owns UFW, and they share factory stock. If you find a keen UFW sales guy they'll often knock 10-20% off the price to make the sale, and sometimes even more if there happens to be a sale going on at UFW.

UFW caters to the low to mid end, so most of the higher end Brick stuff is not on display there, but that doesn't matter since they have full access to the same catalogue.

10-20% off isn't the same thing as a 50% boxing day sale, but then again you can buy stuff all throughout the year and not have to fight crowds or deal with long delivery wait times that sometimes occur right after a big sale.

Update: I did go furniture shopping 3 days in a row. I went to places like Design Within Reach, West Elm, Casalife, EQ3, Visitor Parking, BLVD Interiors, Urban Barn, Structube, Brick, Leon's, IKEA and some other places who get the same stuff as Visitor Parking and Blvd interiors but for less.

I only ended up buying 2 Alexander Bar Stools (Floor Models) from Casalife which were $310 each regular price and got them for $100 ea.
There were a lot of good floor model deals at Casa, but some of the stuff on sale did not fit my taste.

I got a loveseat from EQ3 which was 20% off. I'm moving in 6 weeks and EQ3 says it may take 6-9 weeks to deliver. I'm kind of regretting it now because I have been reading a lot of horror stories about them. Some people have waited up to 12 weeks for their furniture. Let's hope I get lucky. I don't want to be sitting on the floor for 1-2 months.

Stores with practically no good promos imo were Design Within Reach, Structube, Urban Barn, Ikea, Visitor Parking, BLVD Interiors. Some other places were just over priced to begin with.

If you bring in 3 non-perishable food items to Gus*(beside and sister to StyleGarage) you currently get 15% off all their furniture. Excellent designs, canadian designed and manufactured. The Jane Bi-Sectional is awesome.

If you bring in 3 non-perishable food items to Gus*(beside and sister to StyleGarage) you currently get 15% off all their furniture. Excellent designs, canadian designed and manufactured. The Jane Bi-Sectional is awesome.
Yep, grabbed a couch from there. I wish I could buy up that entire store....

Zeeden: Whatever you do, just don't rush. You don't want to be reminded of that $800 mistake everytime you sit in your living room lol.

Back