News   Jul 15, 2024
 350     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 516     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 

Brampton Transit/Zum

I really wish the 505 went all the way to the airport to start. I get the Malton GO connection, but I think the connections to other Mississauga routes are better with the route going south to Viscount.

Chatting with the planners at the PIC last night, I think they really wanted to go to Viscount for this year but couldn't secure enough funding, which is a shame.

Got overlooked by the TTC's announcement, but Brampton Transit will also be buying eight electric buses and four overhead chargers to roll out in Spring 2019.

They're being deployed on the 26 Mount Pleasant (a 12k round trip community route) and the 23 Sandalwood (a 60km round trip core grid route). The plan is to to use 2 electric buses on the 26 at all times, and for all off-peaks trips on the 23 Sandalwood to use only electric buses (I'm assuming that during peak operation, it will be a mixed of diesel buses and electric buses).

September service updates. Posted on the Brampton Transit Facebook page.

Big news! Our September Service improvements take effect September 4. Details are now live on our website.

Changes include:

- The extension of route 505 Züm Bovaird to the Malton GO station along Airport Road

- Introducing earlier Sunday service on a lot of our routes including 1/1A Queen, 2 Main, 3 McLaughlin

- Increasing weekend service on a number of routes

Be sure to visit our website for all of the details http://ow.ly/PWO630lmmpv.

It's very glamorous compared to YRT.
You see, it is not...the glamour and headlines come in building the big infrastructure projects....the busways and the transitways and the like......what is "unglamorous" is realizing that buses carry passengers not busways......and quietly just making more routes make more sense for more people is what drives annual double-digit increases in ridership.

If/when, Brampton gets around to building separated lanes along queen for their 501 services....there will already be huge ridership waiting for it and you will see immediate benefit.......ridership built on bus frequency and comfort.

In the old days it would have been described as making sure the horse was in front of the cart ;)

Why aren't the other transit agencies copying Brampton?
because other municipalities don't want to spend the money that Brampton did to get that sort of ridership.

Burlington did recently hire the person who lead the Brampton ridership growth strategy though, so perhaps we will see something similar there.

because other municipalities don't want to spend the money that Brampton did to get that sort of ridership.

that may be true of some agencies (I don't know) but I do see other places spending money on, even, greater levels than Brampton.....but the "cool" spend on infrastructure as opposed to frequencies does not seem to have as big of an impact.

Back