News   Apr 22, 2024
 819     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 282     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 694     0 

Blue Jays

Bringer of Rain 2.0 anyone?
Defensively? Much better. Offensively? Not quite. Though the parallel being a trade with Oakland has a deja vu quality. Overall a good move to shore up the hot corner, especially with most groundballs given up by Ryu go that way. There was a graphic I saw somewhere showing the spray chart from Ryu pitching being "very hot" on that side of the infield

My son said Bringer of Rain? Maybe a good drizzle! He likes the move just doesn't think it's a 2.0 situation.

Berrios’s start didn’t go as well as the Jays hoped. Get that bad start out of the way early in the season. Great comeback so far (currently top of the sixth as I wrote this).

The Globe and Mail were a bit early with their headline. This article was posted around 9pm. 35 minutes later Teoscar tied the game.

A2B35F1A-43B1-490C-868F-EDF62243D119.jpeg

I got seats in the area behind leftfield close to the bullpen last night. Definitely a thriller and home opener to remember.

Admittedly it felt pretty dire how the Jays started the game being down 0-7. But Vladdy, Teoscar, along with some timely hitting by the others, and a well reviewed call to overturn a sliding Jays runner at home base were able to make this one crazy comeback.

20220408_190019.jpg
20220408_192643.jpg

Last nights game reminded me of the Jays team during the 2015 - 2016 seasons.

Took my toddler to a Jays game last Sunday for the first time. I'm not a baseball fan, but I actually quite enjoyed the experience and would go again from time to time.

Took my toddler to a Jays game last Sunday for the first time. I'm not a baseball fan, but I actually quite enjoyed the experience and would go again from time to time.

It's one of the few sports in Toronto that hasn't been yuppified. You can take a family to a game without spending thousands and sit around real fans. Watching the Raptors now is depressing, seeing all the empty court side seats during the playoffs, It's like watching a Leaf game. The rich people who buys those tickets are doing so just to entertain clients/guests and be seen. While the fans outside in Jurassic park would give a limb to sit in those seats.

It's one of the few sports in Toronto that hasn't been yuppified. You can take a family to a game without spending thousands and sit around real fans. Watching the Raptors now is depressing, seeing all the empty court side seats during the playoffs, It's like watching a Leaf game. The rich people who buys those tickets are doing so just to entertain clients/guests and be seen. While the fans outside in Jurassic park would give a limb to sit in those seats.

That's just it - tickets to the Jays game were 20 bucks a piece. I was shocked.

Reporters were saying the team lost pretty much all confidence in him during the Oakland series.

He was great for building a good culture for a young team during a rebuild, but that was about it. Shortly after he was initially hired, Fan590 reported that he wasn't close to the top 3 list of managers that Ross Atkins was looking for.

Great guy, but not exactly the right guy to steer the ship.

Back