News   Jul 03, 2024
 239     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 773     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 821     2 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Where r the big names that r supposed to open up stores on bloor?? Victorinox is not a big brand name! I was expecting Bottega veneta, ferragamo D & C!!! Anyways was just thinking out loud!

Where r the big names that r supposed to open up stores on bloor?? Victorinox is not a big brand name! I was expecting Bottega veneta, ferragamo D & C!!! Anyways was just thinking out loud!

Probably not until there's actually room for them to move in. I hear that someone is going to move into the old Marciano store soon and that the space next to the new LV has been rented. That basically leaves the current LV store and what used to house MAC. The former is pretty sizable and could very well be home to that "major European brand" Lisa Tant tweeted about last year and I can see either Stuart Weitzman or maybe Kate Spade taking over the latter.

Probably not until there's actually room for them to move in. I hear that someone is going to move into the old Marciano store soon and that the space next to the new LV has been rented. That basically leaves the current LV store and what used to house MAC. The former is pretty sizable and could very well be home to that "major European brand" Lisa Tant tweeted about last year and I can see either Stuart Weitzman or maybe Kate Spade taking over the latter.

Porsche Design has already leased the old Marciano spot and the building permit for it is up. I've heard that Dolce and Gabbana has leased beside the new LV. The old MAC spot would be good for either a shoe store or jewelry store - I thought someone had said Links leased it but that was a while ago since we've heard about that. And, I agree, once LV vacates their existing spot, I think it would make for a good House of Dior (literally). The other space that looks leased is in the Hyatt, right at the corner of Avenue and Bloor. The lease sign in the window has been down for months - it's a reasonably big enough space for watch or jewelry store as well. And then there are the two 'luxury' spots available in the new Four Seasons. I suspect those will go quickly if they haven't been snapped up already. with Daniel Bouloud coming in and the multi-million dollar suites that have sold, those retail spaces scream exclusive!

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 110128 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 23, 2012

Project: Non-Residential Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal for patio (in conjunction with future Starbucks)

`
lvj2162.jpg

15,000 SF Louis Vutton on 2 levels. can anyone confirm if Dolce & Gabbana is taking the balance?

I heard 20,000 sq. ft...Can't confirm Dolce & Gabbana but that is what I have been hearing from someone close to Kevric.
On a side note. Victorinox will be closing in a couple of weeks or so and re-opening again in April or May with 3 full floors. It will be THE North American flagship store. Largest one in N.A.

They must just be working on a generic facade for the space next to LV until a new retailer customizes it?

Also: Eres- the Parisian swimwear company- is moving into the old Simone-Marie Belgian Chocolates space on Cumberland.

It's funny that these small, relatively unknown boutiques r moving in but not the major ones such as ferragamo, Dior, Tory Burch et al. Hmmmm.....

It's funny that these small, relatively unknown boutiques r moving in but not the major ones such as ferragamo, Dior, Tory Burch et al. Hmmmm.....

It does look peculiar, but I think the main problem is lack of flagship space on Bloor until some of the, dare I say, bottom feeders move out. For example, Jacob has no place on Bloor in my opinion - no offence to Jacob or anyone who likes Jacob but not the right location. I can name a few others such as Aritzia, Aldo, even Guess, I would argue has no place on Bloor. Until those retailers move out, it will be difficult for luxury to set up. In time though - I think landlords will begin to make the push.

Is that what the problem is or is it simply that they just don't have the interest in movin in!??

Is that what the problem is or is it simply that they just don't have the interest in movin in!??

Well, I can't speak for all of them but for some, most definitely. Toronto is the fifth largest retail market in N.A. with plenty of disposable income and high tourism. It would stand to reason that many of these retailers would want a large presence here, not just a token shop for the sake of setting up in Yorkville. There is alo politics at play - it's actually a very small faction that controls wholesale and retail distribution rights in a region and as much interest as a brand may have in setting up, they have to plow through some of the B.S. that makes up the retail landscape.

Back