News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Not sure if this has been discussed, but opticians Cutler and Gross are opening a shop on Cumberland, which is VERY cool. And Ugg has installed advertising in their soon-to-be new space on St. Thomas.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but opticians Cutler and Gross are opening a shop on Cumberland, which is VERY cool. And Ugg has installed advertising in their soon-to-be new space on St. Thomas.

First store in North America...their website shows some pretty sleek looking stores.

Is that the first of it's kind? I haven't come across one before.

I was chatting with the leasing agent tonight and that's what he said... but ya in doing a search I couldn't find a specific collegiate store; on top of that it would have to be U of T themed... currently not listed on their site as a partner school.

They've definitely taken the space though. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Where's the Brooks Brothers Bloor store going to be? Next to the new LV?

Where's the Brooks Brothers Bloor store going to be? Next to the new LV?

No, it's 262 Bloor St W (NWC of Bloor & St George, BMO space)

No, it's 262 Bloor St W (NWC of Bloor & St George, BMO space)

That's an interesting space...it's a little bit AWAY from the shopping scene! But if they're doing a "Collegiate" store, it makes sense.

http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...ted-to-bring-more-business-on-bloor-yorkville

Construction finally over, fall season expected to bring more business on Bloor-Yorkville

TORONTO, Ont. - For four years, business owners were greeted every morning by the sounds of construction.

It is finally over and the improvements have been completed with new lighting, granite sidewalks and new plants and trees.

Customers and business owners are flocking back.

Briar De Lange, the Executive Director of the Bloor-Yorkville Business Improvement Area (BIA), told 680News that they are expecting the rest of the year to boom.

"Even in the past spring, although the construction was done last Christmas, some stores did better in the Spring than they did during the whole Christmas season," said De Lange.

She told 680News not to be fooled by any vacancy signs on the "Mink Mile."

"They are already leased, but I have touched based with the property owners and they are not allowed to announce who they are yet. That will be coming soon!"
said De Lange.

A new Michael Kors store opened on Friday while the Louis Vuitton store is moving to a new 20-thousand square foot facility next year.

There will be a slew of new stores opening this fall, including British retailer Intermix and sporting goods and outdoor apparel store The North Face.

It has been a great summer and businesses are hoping for big and better things for the rest of the year.

"There are a lot of people out enjoying and strolling the streets and going into the stores."

"I am hearing good things from the retailers that the customers will come back. The sales are doing well and overall it has been a very positive outcome," said De Lange.

680 needs to make a correction. Intermix is not British, but Amerian.

I can't wait to hear who's taking over the current LV store. I guess they can't move in until LV moves out.

So the locations that are yet to announce who's taking over are the remaining 10,000 sq. ft beside the new LV, the Park Hyatt retail at the corner of Avenue and Bloor, and the old MAC spot (rumoured previously to be Links of London). My guess is Dior or Ferragamo beside LV (maybe Dolce and Gabbana), Breitling in the Hyatt, and Jimmy Choo in the old MAC spot.

Any takers on these predictions?

Back