News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 947     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Tanya Heath has moved around the corner from Old York Lane to 126 Cumberland.

Saint Laurent looks just about ready to open (peeking through the occasional open door).

The Cumberland side of 100 Bloor has been leased (including part of the second floor looking over Cumberland). The remaining Bloor frontage has also been leased (I don't know by whom); however, the main floor only. This leaves only a part of the second floor, with an entrance off of the Cumberland alley available. I believe the back half was rented by Barry's Bootcamp, the Bloor frontage, TBD.

This project kind of flew under the radar, I haven't seen any posts about it. This building is the old Comfort Inn @ Charles & Yonge. It's been under renovation for about a year now. They painted the whole building black and it looks to be about done. Looks like a few businesses will open on the ground floor and they reopened windows and doors facing the park on the east side of the building.
IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 854
This project kind of flew under the radar, I haven't seen any posts about it. This building is the old Comfort Inn @ Charles & Yonge. It's been under renovation for about a year now. They painted the whole building black and it looks to be about done. Looks like a few businesses will open on the ground floor and they reopened windows and doors facing the park on the east side of the building.
View attachment 136842

View attachment 136841

Between the all-noir paint job, neat little wall sconces, and nice planters, I'm thinking mid-range hipster-ish hotel?

Between the all-noir paint job, neat little wall sconces, and nice planters, I'm thinking mid-range hipster-ish hotel?

Oh, hey, yeah!

https://theanndorehouse.com/

https://www.blogto.com/city/2017/08/toronto-new-boutique-hotel-downtown/

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re...eviews-The_Anndore_House-Toronto_Ontario.html

Cecconi Simone on the room re-do, and La Palma/Campagnolo's Craig Harding on the food, restaurant by Studio Munge, and a Crow's Nest Barbershop to boot.

Holy crap, almost $400 a night :eek: but you do get a " curated collection of vinyl LPs," in the room. I bet one of those records is a Morrissey album. Hipsters love Morrissey. I think Toronto has enough of these overpriced hipster hotels.

Holy crap, almost $400 a night :eek: but you do get a " curated collection of vinyl LPs," in the room. I bet one of those records is a Morrissey album. Hipsters love Morrissey. I think Toronto has enough of these overpriced hipster hotels.

We may have an oversupply of overpriced hotels, but I don't think we actually have all that many "hipster" hotels. In fact, I'm kind of surprised Toronto hasn't caught onto that trend to the same extent that many other big, popular cities have.

Across the street a Japanese restaurant is opening in the ground level of the parking garage on Charles East.
CB028CE6-E12A-4B6E-94FF-37159A14A8DA.jpeg

Attachments

• CB028CE6-E12A-4B6E-94FF-37159A14A8DA.jpeg
    CB028CE6-E12A-4B6E-94FF-37159A14A8DA.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 814
Product is on shelves at Saint Laurent on Bloor - should open any day now.

L'Occitane is closed for renos - maybe updating a la Yorkdale?

Back