News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.5K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 702     0 

Bizzare Street Address

Well I never.

That might have something to do with the fact that Finch was extended through there long after the original roadway was built as far west as Islington Avenue, and the a western chunck started at Albion Road and continued west to Highway 427. That bit in the middle was late to be patched - maybe they had run out of numbers.

I imagine that this project will be renumbered though before mail delivery begins - the city will want to have a number that fits in, so the site may be renumbered on Kipling if that's easier.

I'll look into this more at work.

Probably a property that hasn't yet been numbered. The street numbering system across the pre-merger Toronto was different for each city so there is a huge number of addresses they could use for the property. It will probably be numbered xx00 Finch Ave West with xx being between 50 and 60 if I was to guess. The last number in North York is around 3100 and the first in Etobicoke to the west of the site is 6200.

Enviro's right - there are oodles of numbers left on Finch. Still, despite the building's driveway coming off of Finch, the units are most likely to be addressed individually, and most will front Kipling.

Anyway, it's fun to see a project with a 0 for a street address, and I think on the 8th page, they call it Inch Avenue.

I drive by here everyday. That piece of land is so small. I always thought it would end up being a gas station.

Back