Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

So the passenger tunnel has finally broken through to the otherside - a work collegaue took this picture earlier

TGOwrjg.jpg

Can they call it the David Miller Tunnel?

Or how about the Jack Layton Memorial Tunnel? I think it would be fitting because not only did Jack love the Toronto Islands (so we are told) - as a Toronto MP along with his wife and fellow NDP MP Olivia - Jack and Olivia must have flown on countless flights between Toronto Island Airport and Ottawa.

Or how about the Jack Layton Memorial Tunnel? I think it would be fitting because not only did Jack love the Toronto Islands (so we are told) - as a Toronto MP along with his wife and fellow NDP MP Olivia - Jack and Olivia must have flown on countless flights between Toronto Island Airport and Ottawa.

Seriously? Did we not already name the Ferry Terminal after him? When is enough enough?

^to satisfy critics.....would it not be better if they were to see it and not hear it? ;)

I for one would love to get a glimpse of one in action at the air show.

And I think it would satisfy a lot of the rational critics, but there are always going to be those who will fight it regardless of what the facts actually are.

Seriously? Did we not already name the Ferry Terminal after him? When is enough enough?

That was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment because Chow has long been opposed to any airport on the Island and I suspect her late husband shared her misguided opposition even though as MP's I would be surprised if both of them did not enjoy the convenience of flying out of the Island countless times between their downtown constituencies and Ottawa. This would be a good question for a reporter to pose to Ms. Chow. How many times has she flown out of Billy Bishop and did she find the experience convenient and enjoyable? If Chow replies that she has never flown from the Island she would be in contravention of MP expense guidelines that require that MP's choose the most economical and practical travel method. For most travel between Toronto and Ottawa this would mean flying Porter!

For all travel, Members and their authorized travellers must select the most economical and practical means of transportation to reach their destinations

Last edited:

And I think it would satisfy a lot of the rational critics, but there are always going to be those who will fight it regardless of what the facts actually are.

You're making that assumption based on one promotional video?

Since it has yet to fly anywhere....and the air show is next weekend....I think you can be sure it won't be flying at the air show.

Notices re public consultations and also a link to an online survey at http://www.toronto.ca/bbtca_review/

I would urge everyone to complete the survey. It only takes five minutes. Also make sure to email city Councillors and the mayor to let them know where you stand. The below is a group email list. Simply copy and paste into your email program and your email will go to the mayor and every Councillor!

mayor_ford@toronto.ca (mayor_ford@toronto.ca);councillor_ainslie@toronto.ca (councillor_ainslie@toronto.ca); councillor_augimeri@toronto.ca (councillor_augimeri@toronto.ca); councillor_bailao@toronto.ca (councillor_bailao@toronto.ca); councillor_berardinetti@toronto.ca (councillor_berardinetti@toronto.ca); councillor_carroll@toronto.ca (councillor_carroll@toronto.ca); councillor_colle@toronto.ca (councillor_colle@toronto.ca); councillor_crawford@toronto.ca (councillor_crawford@toronto.ca); councillor_crisanti@toronto.ca (councillor_crisanti@toronto.ca); councillor_davis@toronto.ca (councillor_davis@toronto.ca); councillor_debaeremaeker@toronto.ca (councillor_debaeremaeker@toronto.ca); councillor_delgrande@toronto.ca (councillor_delgrande@toronto.ca); councillor_dford@toronto.ca (councillor_dford@toronto.ca); councillor_digiorgio@toronto.ca (councillor_digiorgio@toronto.ca); councillor_doucette@toronto.ca (councillor_doucette@toronto.ca); councillor_filion@toronto.ca (councillor_filion@toronto.ca); councillor_fletcher@toronto.ca (councillor_fletcher@toronto.ca); councillor_fragedakis@toronto.ca (councillor_fragedakis@toronto.ca); councillor_grimes@toronto.ca (councillor_grimes@toronto.ca); councillor_holyday@toronto.ca (councillor_holyday@toronto.ca); councillor_kelly@toronto.ca (councillor_kelly@toronto.ca); councillor_layton@toronto.ca (councillor_layton@toronto.ca); councillor_lee@toronto.ca (councillor_lee@toronto.ca); councillor_lindsay_luby@toronto.ca (councillor_lindsay_luby@toronto.ca); councillor_mammoliti@toronto.ca (councillor_mammoliti@toronto.ca); councillor_matlow@toronto.ca (councillor_matlow@toronto.ca); councillor_mcconnell@toronto.ca (councillor_mcconnell@toronto.ca); councillor_mcmahon@toronto.ca (councillor_mcmahon@toronto.ca); councillor_mihevc@toronto.ca (councillor_mihevc@toronto.ca); councillor_milczyn@toronto.ca (councillor_milczyn@toronto.ca); councillor_minnan-wong@toronto.ca (councillor_minnan-wong@toronto.ca); councillor_moeser@toronto.ca (councillor_moeser@toronto.ca); councillor_nunziata@toronto.ca (councillor_nunziata@toronto.ca); councillor_palacio@toronto.ca (councillor_palacio@toronto.ca); councillor_parker@toronto.ca (councillor_parker@toronto.ca); councillor_pasternak@toronto.ca (councillor_pasternak@toronto.ca); councillor_perks@toronto.ca (councillor_perks@toronto.ca); councillor_perruzza@toronto.ca (councillor_perruzza@toronto.ca); councillor_robinson@toronto.ca (councillor_robinson@toronto.ca); councillor_shiner@toronto.ca (councillor_shiner@toronto.ca); councillor_stintz@toronto.ca (councillor_stintz@toronto.ca); councillor_thompson@toronto.ca (councillor_thompson@toronto.ca); councillor_wongtam@toronto.ca (councillor_wongtam@toronto.ca)councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca (councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca)

I completed the survey. As it stands, I don't want jets on the island airport. I don't care about the noise impact. I am more concerned about the impact to the local wildlife, and I am pretty sure extending the runway will have a significant impact on the harbour. There is no way, the agreement can be ammended to allow only one jet model to fly into the airport. I think it's best to maintain the current Tripartite agreement and continue to ban jets from the airport.

Back