News   Oct 02, 2024
 272     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 394     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 781     0 

Best urban walks

begin@runnymede stn and walk south on runnymede to DeForest Rd or Morningside Ave (some amazing Vancouver-style wood frame cottages mixed in with brick Victorians--and a view of the lake!) then wind your way around Swansea--perhaps up Windermere? to Colbeck St. Walk along a gorgeous relaxing wealthy neighbourhood filled with old homes over to Jane St. Here--decide if you want to walk through Baby Point down to Bloor St W@the humber river (do you enjoy quiet red brick roads winding through woods?)--or perhaps walk up Jane (an old retail strip in transistion to a new mount pleasant yuppieville strip) to Annette. Walk along Annette to Evelyn Avenue--then down the gently curving high park "valley" back to High Park stn. Stop for coffee@Annette and Runnymede if you wish to hit on attractive milfs;)

Next walk: Dundas St West from Bloor St to St John's Rd and a tour through Maria St (north of Dundas parallel to the RR tracks)--shh it's top secret because I wanna buy a house there someday--old, rundown victorian rowhouses with tons of character and... an old beautiful synagogue....

Best time in Junction/High Park/Swansea: 7-9PM

Start at Bloor St and Yonge. Walk west. Keep walking until you hit Jane. It should take (I'm a fast walker) about 1.25-1.5 hours. From Yuppie Holts to Student bars to Annex flavours to Koreatown treats to Christiepit sweeties to BLO tacos to BLOOD African groceterias to barren wasteland RR tracks to Russian and Ukrainian delis to Yuppie blahness, Bloor's got you covered. Best time to experience it all: 7-9pm. What do you fancy? Portuguese bbq chicken? Sushi in the annex? Blini's + vodka? Ethiopian stew? Tacos? Korean bbq? You know what--Bloor st west is a string of villages and I'm gonna call it now: the most diverse single street in North America! I love it at night; by day, it's disappointing. Please, join me in the Bloor St walk@night!

How about the same thing on Bloor eastward, i.e. to Victoria Park or so? (Or maybe better if it's from Victoria Park or so westward to Yonge...)

Back