News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.9K     3 

Best Burger

I've tried a lot of burgers in this city and around the world and my new current favourite is this one from Home Of The Brave (King West):
916519_288847627949644_2126682810_n.jpg

Unfortunately it is only available on their Saturday menu and they can run out later in the night.

The bun is perfectly soft, it is super juicy and the cheese is melted nicely into it. Definitely worth trying if you are a burger lover like me.

I liked the old time Aussie burgers the way they were made in Aussie before mc donalds came here in the late 70,s you had a toasted bun with lettuce, onion,tomato, slices of beetroot, melted cheese ,strips of bacon, beef pattie, topped with a pineapple ring and of course bbq sauce and another toasted bun, Mmmm..those were the good old days when you got value for money.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...in-country.php%3Fcountry%3DAustralia;1000;750

Well, it looks like America has voted, and has decided McDonald's has the worst burgers. :eek:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb11990414.htm

McDonald’s Burgers Named Worst in America in Consumer Reports’ New Fast-Food Survey

KFC and Sbarro among the lowest-scoring chains overall, Chick-fil-A earns high marks; Plus, the best & worst chains for value, healthy options, most delectable fare.

YONKERS, NY (PRWEB) July 02, 2014

The burgers that made McDonald’s famous have been deemed the worst-tasting of all the major U.S burger chains by Consumer Reports’ readers. And when it comes to the most satisfying fast-food dining experience, biggest isn’t always best ― KFC and Sbarro earned some of the lowest scores in the survey.

The results of Consumer Reports fast-food survey, which are featured in the August 2014 issue and at http://www.ConsumerReports.org, are based on responses from 32,405 subscribers about more than 96, 200 dining experiences at 65 hamburger, Asian, pizza, sandwich, chicken, and Mexican fast-food and fast-casual chains.

“More and more, food quality ― not just low price ― is emerging as a deciding-factor for many Americans when choosing where to spend their dining dollars,” said Tod Marks, senior projects editor for Consumer Reports.

“Strong regional players and slightly more upscale fast-casual chains like Chipotle are giving the heavy-hitters in the fast-food business a wake-up call. And our survey clearly shows the big guys need to respond.”

Chicken from Chick-fil-A, was deemed among the most delicious; the chain also received the highest satisfaction score in a category that includes KFC, Boston Market, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, and others. This national chain also stood out for cleanliness of the dining area and polite and speedy service.

Consumer Reports’ fast-food Ratings include many superb dining options. National chains such as Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Smashburger, and Fuddruckers, received high scores for the tastiness of their burgers.

The study further shows that cheap food isn’t necessarily a bargain. Only around one of five respondents thought their meal offered excellent value. Del Taco, Little Caesars, and Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza were at the top of the list at delivering bang for the buck, while Burger King, Church’s, KFC, Panda Express, and Sbarro landed at the bottom.

Despite many restaurants’ best efforts to include healthier items such as soup, salads, and grilled-rather-than fried items on their menus, Consumer Reports’ survey revealed that most fast-food diners aren’t concerned about dieting when they eat out. Only 20 percent of respondents said they consider the availability of healthful menu options when choosing a restaurant; just 19 percent said they ordered a healthful fare during their most recent restaurant visit. Nearly all of Subway’s and Jason’s Deli’s diners said those restaurants offered plenty of healthy menu options while far fewer Little Caesars and White Castle diners felt the same.

The full report from Consumer Reports fast-food survey is featured in the August 2014 issue of the magazine and is available at http://www.ConsumerReports.org.

This is based solely on one visit, but I was really impressed with P&L Burger (Queen just W of Spadina). I'm tempted to rate it my favourite in town.

Hands down, the best burger I've ever eaten goes to the one at Marben on Wellington just west of Spadina. Haven't tried P&L yet though, heard great things about it.

Well, it looks like America has voted, and has decided McDonald's has the worst burgers. :eek:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb11990414.htm

McDonald’s Burgers Named Worst in America in Consumer Reports’ New Fast-Food Survey

KFC and Sbarro among the lowest-scoring chains overall, Chick-fil-A earns high marks; Plus, the best & worst chains for value, healthy options, most delectable fare.

YONKERS, NY (PRWEB) July 02, 2014

The burgers that made McDonald’s famous have been deemed the worst-tasting of all the major U.S burger chains by Consumer Reports’ readers. And when it comes to the most satisfying fast-food dining experience, biggest isn’t always best ― KFC and Sbarro earned some of the lowest scores in the survey.

The results of Consumer Reports fast-food survey, which are featured in the August 2014 issue and at http://www.ConsumerReports.org, are based on responses from 32,405 subscribers about more than 96, 200 dining experiences at 65 hamburger, Asian, pizza, sandwich, chicken, and Mexican fast-food and fast-casual chains.

“More and more, food quality ― not just low price ― is emerging as a deciding-factor for many Americans when choosing where to spend their dining dollars,†said Tod Marks, senior projects editor for Consumer Reports.

“Strong regional players and slightly more upscale fast-casual chains like Chipotle are giving the heavy-hitters in the fast-food business a wake-up call. And our survey clearly shows the big guys need to respond.â€

Chicken from Chick-fil-A, was deemed among the most delicious; the chain also received the highest satisfaction score in a category that includes KFC, Boston Market, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, and others. This national chain also stood out for cleanliness of the dining area and polite and speedy service.

Consumer Reports’ fast-food Ratings include many superb dining options. National chains such as Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Smashburger, and Fuddruckers, received high scores for the tastiness of their burgers.

The study further shows that cheap food isn’t necessarily a bargain. Only around one of five respondents thought their meal offered excellent value. Del Taco, Little Caesars, and Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza were at the top of the list at delivering bang for the buck, while Burger King, Church’s, KFC, Panda Express, and Sbarro landed at the bottom.

Despite many restaurants’ best efforts to include healthier items such as soup, salads, and grilled-rather-than fried items on their menus, Consumer Reports’ survey revealed that most fast-food diners aren’t concerned about dieting when they eat out. Only 20 percent of respondents said they consider the availability of healthful menu options when choosing a restaurant; just 19 percent said they ordered a healthful fare during their most recent restaurant visit. Nearly all of Subway’s and Jason’s Deli’s diners said those restaurants offered plenty of healthy menu options while far fewer Little Caesars and White Castle diners felt the same.

The full report from Consumer Reports fast-food survey is featured in the August 2014 issue of the magazine and is available at http://www.ConsumerReports.org.
It is very interesting that a chicken sandwich chain known for closing on Sundays and funding openly homophobic organizations (yes, so openly homophobic that the Southern Poverty Law Center brands those organizations as hate groups) got top marks.

It is very interesting that a chicken sandwich chain known for closing on Sundays and funding openly homophobic organizations (yes, so openly homophobic that the Southern Poverty Law Center brands those organizations as hate groups) got top marks.

As insanely intolerant as Chick-fil-a is, I am pretty sure that this survey was on how satisfying the food is (value, health, taste). I don't think their declining business and media attention is really going to alter people's taste buds and their perception of good value. If anything the smart people just won't support their business - different than not liking their food. I love me some cinnabon. Do I eat it? No. It is pretty crappy for you. But would I rate it as delicious in a survey, hell yes.

Last edited:
My wife and I are pretty picky when it comes to burgers. Unless a place uses good quality, locally raised, hormone and antibiotic free, fresh ground (daily) beef, no filler with no seasoning other than salt, cooked medium rare on a flat top grill we won't bother trying it. The good news is that there's a few places around which will serve them up that way. We still have other places to try but so far here's our top two.

The Stockyards (St. Clair West) - We have two favourites here. The Green Chili Pimento Cheese and The Butter Burger.

The Rude Boy (Roncesvalles) - The Sting. Haven't tried any others as The Sting was so good. $5 Burger special on Mondays.

Although The Burger's Priest gets good reviews and they certainly fit our criteria but we've been 3 times to the location at Queen/Coxwell but left disappointed each time.We ordered them medium rare but they arrived (after a long wait with relatively short line-up) either raw or well done. We won't be going back.

Anyone going to try the burger out the In N Out Burger pop up shop today?

Back