News   May 31, 2024
 145     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 333     0 
News   May 30, 2024
 2.8K     1 

Best Burger

Just tried a Big Smoke Burger this week. It definitely wasn't bad. The horseradish mayo was a nice touch. Don't know if I'd be able to classify it as one of the best burgers around but I did enjoy it.

I really like the beet burger at the Beaver. I think we need a 100% veggie burger chain--from lentil to black bean to beet to potato and rice "burgers."

I'd like to see the success of said chain based not on it being vegetarian but it being known--like Burger's Priest--for being damn good.

I would feel so let down if I walked into a burger place and was told that they don't serve meat. There are regulations regarding what can and can't be called cheese, ice cream etc., so why do vegetarians get to refer to what is essentially a round meatless sandwich as a burger? Though I would like to try this beet patty...but if they insisted it was a burger I probably wouldn't stick around long enough to try it. (before the in-house herbivores club me to death with frozen tofu batons, keep in mind I was a vegetarian for 5 years during my childhood)

I didn't like HERO; the meat looked like one of those boxed frozen patties you see in the grocery store, just a bland gray color and a rubbery texture. Nothing special at all.

Big Smoke was awesome. I almost always grab one when in the Eaton Center, and I see they are also expanding to Square One in August.

My current fave is South St Burger Co. Not only do they sell meat that was raised ethically and mostly pastured (free of hormones, antibiotics, etc), they also offer whole wheat and gluten-free buns. Even better, they are opening a new one in my neighborhood (near Yonge/Sheppard). I had the True North burger and it was absolutely delicious.

I'll admit, I am too lazy to go back through the pages in this thread so I will ask.....

...anyone have any experience with http://www.worksburger.com/

They just opened in downtown Brampton and I think I want to try them out if only to show support for anyone brave enough to open a restaurant in downtown Brampton these days.

I'll admit, I am too lazy to go back through the pages in this thread so I will ask.....

...anyone have any experience with http://www.worksburger.com/

They just opened in downtown Brampton and I think I want to try them out if only to show support for anyone brave enough to open a restaurant in downtown Brampton these days.

Yeah, it's okay. I've been to the Danforth outlet which was suicidally opened opposite Square Boy. If I could pull it off I'd grab a homeburger from Square Boy, bring it across the street and order apps, salads, fries and the onion rings (be warned, the latter is gigantic!) from the Works.

Recently had a burger from Blue Goose, one of the newish shipping container food spots at Harbourfront in front of the newly opened Ontario/Canada square. A double costs around $10 but it was incredible, very fresh juicy beef. Just a heads up though they cook the meat medium rare (unless otherwise specified) so if you don't like pink in your burger let them know.

Last edited:
Best burger: bbq burger at Fresh Restaurants (a number of locations across the city)
bbq sauce, quinoa onion rings, garlic vegan mayo, napa cabbage, hot banana chilies, tomato & lettuce

delicious!

Fresh does not have burgers. They have a veggie sandwiches. They are a vegetarian restaurant.

Back