Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

Great pics gmeo! What was your impression then overall of the common elements so far as a base without the furniture, decor etc?

So, we now need a pic of the outdoor terrace and a locker! Keep'em coming.

Nice pics gmeo. The outdoor lounge is gorgeous and the party room looks like it’s going to be pretty impressive once completed. Nothing special about the security desk. The executive concierge and no wiring for future in-suite security doesn’t seem right though.

On the topic of security, all the marketing materials I had and even UT indicates 24hr concierge but thanks to SPToronto and 400WellingtonGuy for the clarification. Our condo docs was left with the solicitor.

On the topic of security, all the marketing materials I had and even UT indicates 24hr concierge but thanks to SPToronto and 400WellingtonGuy for the clarification. Our condo docs was left with the solicitor.
Is it possible there are two levels of security? Where I live, we were supposed to have an executive concierge 8 hours/day along with 24 hour security so that for 8 hours there would be two staff. We did away with the executive level (they have a certification and would be in that $20 range) and just did one security. Saved us a bunch of money

Our optional wired alarm system turned out to be a small hole where, at your own expense, you could connect to a monitored security system.

Is it possible there are two levels of security? Where I live, we were supposed to have an executive concierge 8 hours/day along with 24 hour security so that for 8 hours there would be two staff. We did away with the executive level (they have a certification and would be in that $20 range) and just did one security. Saved us a bunch of money

Our optional wired alarm system turned out to be a small hole where, at your own expense, you could connect to a monitored security system.

Unfortunately, there is no provision for security in the Dec 2010 budget that I can see. However, there is some good news. The assumed natural gas rate was $0.30/cubicft in an overall budget of about $150k for natural gas costs. Since natural gas costs have dropped significantly in the last few years (almost 2/3 less now), there should be a good surplus from this expense, enough to pay for additional security (maybe not 24/7). This is exactly what happened at my current condo at 400 Wellington.

Great pics gmeo! What was your impression then overall of the common elements so far as a base without the furniture, decor etc?

So, we now need a pic of the outdoor terrace and a locker! Keep'em coming.

The overall impression was good. The finishes were coming along great and fit the boutique nature of the building. Lots of natural light in the workout facilities.

Hey all,

Just had my PDI, went extremely smooth as expected given the other comments on this board. Minor issues with tiling and blinds but nothing major or unexpected. Building is coming along great, it really is top notch. I dont think anyone is going to be disappointed at all when they see their units. I didnt get a chance to see much of the amenities. Ive posted a pic of my oak kitchen and flooring as no one else has posted that colour scheme yet! Super excited to move in now.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 356
yep...

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 354
Was there a shower rod in the bathroom with the tub? What is the sf of the unit and which direction does it face?

Thank for the pictures.

AGREED! Given the location and quality of the building, 24 hour security is needed and will be greatly appreciated considering the minimal cost.

Frankly, I hope our new board of directors will recommend we do have 24 hour concierge. While it would be more costly, I feel it would be worthwhile for security purposes. Otherwise, I'm sure it would be virtually impossible to keep unwanted people from entering the building from the Front street entrance or even from the garage on Church street.

Please keep those PDI pictures coming. Thanks everyone.

AGREED! Given the location and quality of the building, 24 hour security is needed and will be greatly appreciated considering the minimal cost.

DD - 16 hours a day x 365 days a week is not a minimal cost. Easily over $110,000 per year, so currently more than a 10 per cent increase for everyone in common element fees. The Board will have to tread carefully and find savings elsewhere to pull it off.

It seems everyone has been very pleased with PDI's, and have had good things to say about the way Concert has conducted the planning and execution of the project.
With that in mine, and a good track record for their projects out west, perhaps we should allow them to outline exactly how they envision how security will be handled, before we decide it needs changing.

DD - 16 hours a day x 365 days a week is not a minimal cost. Easily over $110,000 per year, so currently more than a 10 per cent increase for everyone in common element fees. The Board will have to tread carefully and find savings elsewhere to pull it off.

In a high quality building like this, the cost is warranted. As you mentioned previously, the nat gas savings will go a long way here.

Back