Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

Maybe concert has a plan as an information sharing tool...
How is cel reception in the building? I have spent time in some buildings of late, where it's quite silly how bad the signals are.

The condo where I live has a Facebook page; I know a number that do (some have groups). The thing with Facebook is that it's public so you may not want to post issues about management, etc. There are free online forum options, and depending on your management and/or security company, they might have a system that can be used. Front Desk is a popular choice for condos because you can use it for calendars, booking the party room, notifying residents of parcels, a forum, etc. Of course, it costs money :)

But yeah, an online place where people can post notices, meet, etc. is a good thing. It comes in handy for renting out parking spots too!

A Facebook Group page could be set up where it is a closed group only open to approved members. My condo has one and all posts and info could only by seen by condo residents. It has been very helpful and brings together residents who wouldn't normally know each other.

A Facebook Group page could be set up where it is a closed group only open to approved members. My condo has one and all posts and info could only by seen by condo residents. It has been very helpful and brings together residents who wouldn't normally know each other.
Some info can still be seen on closed groups. Secret groups are the best, but it' shard to get the word out for people to join that. Not impossible of course. Also,not everyone uses Facebook because they don't trust it. I'm a huge Facebook fan so it's my choice but a lot of people are afraid of it. None of our board members except me use it so never see what issues people are discussing

Here's a Facebook group I've created. It is closed, so just ask to join, I will accept you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BerczyCondo/
I was involved with a Facebook page for a building where the admins refused to let the developer or property management be involved. There were lots of complaints, etc posted and the developer had the page pulled because it used a trademarked name. I have also been involved in a page that was the complete opposite: the developer and property mgmt were consulted and invited to join. It still exists

Each developer is different of course but working with people is often more productive. Best of luck with your group. Our page has been very successful!

$4000?! That's nuts! Hope someone is stupid enough to pay that much. I saw a similar sized unit at Market Wharf for about $1100 less and it had a better view, gas range, and larger terrace.

same unit 1 or 2 floors above is being rented for $2,950. the only difference is the terrace. the above unit has a balcony instead of a terrace. Would you pay $1,050 extra monthly for a little bit more outdoor space? I don't think so

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/apa/4170735589.html

If anyone can recommend an inexpensive insurance company for condo insurance, I would be interested. I need to get away from my old one, its time for a change. Please PM or respond in thread.

I'm with Pembridge and have the best price I've seen, compared with my neighbours in the same building (not that know everyone's insurance, lol, but it's been a topic of discussion so some people have been comparing notes). Atrens Counsel has a Condo Gold package that is very comprehensive, for about the same price as what I'm paying -- I may well switch. One of the advantages is that they don't separate improvements, contents and lodging -- it's a lump sum settlement and you use it how you see fit.

We've been discussing insurance a lot lately, trying to get a Standard Unit By-Law in place, and one good suggestion is to purchase from the same company that the condo corp uses so that if you do have a complaint, it's not two companies arguing it out, it's all handled by one company.

Also, check what the condo corp is covering -- we had instances where people were over-insured for items that they didn't need to cover because the condo corp does.

Thanks PL, my lawyer says that the Berczy condo corp has a "blanket insurance policy" and all we need is an "owner's insurance policy'. Should I interpret this as all I need is contents insurance and what other kind of coverage?

Improvements if you did any upgrades. Then there's also liability (usually $2 million). Check what the blanket covers though -- if they don't include floors, you will want to include that in your improvements coverage. The condo corp's insurance will replace the "standard unit" -- usually what is described in the marketing materials until the board establishes a more specific bylaw.

The first unit (#317 at 915 sq ft) has been listed for sale at approx $580/ft excluding parking. I'm surprised by the pricing though may have something to do with the views of the courtyard. At this price I don't anticipate the unit lingering on the market for long.

The first unit (#317 at 915 sq ft) has been listed for sale at approx $580/ft excluding parking. I'm surprised by the pricing though may have something to do with the views of the courtyard. At this price I don't anticipate the unit lingering on the market for long.

Yup, its facing the internal courtyard brick wall. If it's priced right it will sell. Though I would use this as a rental property given that I don't know many people who would like to live opposite a wall.

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=13822185&PidKey=659259161

I don't think that any units in this building will have a hard time selling even if they're priced a little high! There's such a huge demand to get into this building now that it's moments away from completion!
In some ways it's too bad that the first unit for sale is one with a less-than-perfect view. Whatever it sells for will really set the precedent for what all the units are worth.

Back