News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.7K     10 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Actually I think it has more to do with it being the first steel tower in Toronto in a long time.

Also I think it will look far more imposing than in that rendering frankly. It looks too short there. This tower is taller than Bay-Wellington, but with slightly less floor space, so it should look a lot taller. And it's just a wee bit shorter than the TD tower. This building is going to more than hold its own with the other big boys in the skyline.

A very rough estimate (902ft / 68 * 54 is approximately the same height as BA) suggests that BA will be about two storeys shy of the bottom of the "V" on Scotia Plaza.

The highest part of BA in the render does roughly line up with 2-3 stories below the V on Scotia, *if* you completely ignore perspective. But with perspective it looks much shorter than that, so I think they did a poor job of estimating the height there.

Seeing that rendering above reminds me what a huge anticlimax and disappointment BA Centre has turned out to be. Almost makes me wish one of those cheesy PoMo versions had been built.

pic by current over at SSC:...(that's trump in the background!)

2067464548_adaa6b7fd4_b.jpg

Seeing that rendering above reminds me what a huge anticlimax and disappointment BA Centre has turned out to be. Almost makes me wish one of those cheesy PoMo versions had been built.
I don't know, is a bland design really worse than a bad design? I think the tower will look better than that rendering.

The tower under construction I'm looking forward to most is the Ritz, not any of the office towers.

I agree. I guess I'm just not as turned on by steel as some are here. It's tall and boxy, and it fills a hole, and that's about all that one can say about it.

I Hate PoMo!

___________________________​

- at least with regards to high rises. On low rise buildings, I guess it's ok.

Some Heavy Metal Rockers

dsc00257pv5.jpg

dsc00258yy2.jpg

dsc00259vm7.jpg

Pardon the dirty window
dsc00262sh2.jpg

Somethings never change... that shot of the guys hugging steel is so redolent of that classic NYC skyscraper shot. Can't remember but weren't the great steel I-beam walkers Mohawks?

i think so. they looked upon their act of working high up as something spiritual.

Back