News   May 08, 2024
 79     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 560     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 481     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

finally..somebody (besides me) wants to see this bad boy rise.

badadelaiderisegg5.jpg

Usually tarps showing the facade of the building behind it are usually reserved for centuries-old buildings that are going through restoration work. The Bay must be one special building to get that kind of treatment!

Back to BA. My company (Govan Brown) was awarded the contract for the interior fit out of the KPMG offices at BA last week (I heard it's going to be 13 floors). It was officially announced today at a special company pizza lunch.

In a weird way, the reason why I'm full right now is because of BA. Thanks BA!

I hope the entire Bay building gets restored.. it's been an eyesore, mostly on Richmond for far too long.

B/A is moving really fast now, it seems to be getting much taller each time I pass by.

I don't see what's so "eyesoreish", even in its present state--and remember that Richmond was always the "service end"...

Have a longer look. It has several generations of pigeon poop. Pigeons are pooping where their great-great-great grandpigeons once pooped. There are poop fossils up there.

A good cleaning and opening those windows would do marvels for that building. Remember, this is supposed to be the flagship store of the chain. Right now, there are much nicer Bay stores around the country.

Have a longer look. It has several generations of pigeon poop. Pigeons are pooping where their great-great-great grandpigeons once pooped. There are poop fossils up there.

A good cleaning and opening those windows would do marvels for that building. Remember, this is supposed to be the flagship store of the chain. Right now, there are much nicer Bay stores around the country.

"grandpigeons"? LOL

How fitting for a store whose retail practices are almost prehistoric, and whose brand is tired and dated too. Shame, since they are the only major national department store left.

Back