News   Jun 11, 2024
 989     0 
News   Jun 11, 2024
 579     0 
News   Jun 11, 2024
 1K     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

you can see the top peaking through all the other buildings from yonge/gould.

dsc07969dx8.jpg

may 28

2532886846_ca87eb2796.jpg

hard to see.... but that the historic facade, which quite frankly just MAKES this whole project for me.

2532069399_a1ccbd2609_b.jpg

Installing glass this afternoon, fun to watch.

The latest floors look at least a foot taller than the rest... optical illusion? Ziggy would know. Who cares? Cal cares.

Heh heh...so I'm Mr. know-it-all eh? I'm afraid I can't help you with this one. I've seen no indication that the floor height is changing, and they don't look any taller to me. The building specifications list the floor height as 9 feet and don't mention any changes at different levels. My guess would be that it's just your eyes playing tricks on you, but it's basically just a guess.

PS. About the blonde...I concur :)

The "big one" is actually reserved (guaranteed) for Vancouver.

Property owners and other "promoters" take note.

Tick, tick, tick.

Research suggests that Toronto is gonna get one in the 6.0 to 6.5 range soon, and in a city that has no earthquake preparedness like Toronto, it would be utterly epic. Theres not surprisingly very little info on this.

Just googling around, the folks who are doing the marvellous windows on BA are a local company called Sota Glazing...

http://www.sotawall.com/

in the portfolio section of the website, they are also scheduled to do the Ritz Carlton (but not RBC), and Mars 2, among others...nice to see a Canadian company doing projects all over the world...

Just amazing glass on BA..

This has been the longest gap in form raising in quite a while. Reconstructing them to the new smaller size must have taken the work crews some time, then of course the concrete work had to be poured as well.

Back