News   May 07, 2024
 320     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 822     3 

Banner Ad Choices

Jayomatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have any control over what kind of ads are placed on the pages but do you have a requirement that they do not have sound autoplaying on them? These ING ads with the shaking noise, are driving me nuts

The ING clanking keeps terrifying me as I have my headphones on. It is quite loud for some reason, way louder than my music.

Anyway, a terribly rude "banner" that shouldn't exist, if there is any choice in the matter.

My computer here at "work" has started making short bursts of puffing sounds, like something being inflated. I thought it was the guy sitting in the next veal fattening pen to mine, doing something untoward, but perhaps it is an ad? Has anyone else encountered this?

Google decides which ads show up on our site though we can tell them after the fact if we don't want certain ones to run. If I see the ad again I'll see if I can get it stopped.

loud ads and the ones that fill the whole page when you mouse over them are like a woodbridge dude trying to peel out his honda with the bazooka tailpipe in a poor attempt to impress the ladies. i don't know anyone who finds it attractive. almost everyone thinks it's pathetic and the driver of the car usually ends up being called a loser. advertisers should take notice.

It was a one day campaign. Here's what it was:

ING saturates Google, with Media Experts' help
by Marija Djukic
ING Direct recently dominated Google's networks - websites, email programs and blogs - in a one-day saturation marketing strategy using multiple creative executions by Media Experts. The effort was part of a multimedia awareness campaign for ING's new promotional Tax Free Investment Savings Account.

"This unique approach to online advertising allows for maximum interaction with our brand over a 24-hour period," says Mark Nicholson, head of online experience for ING. Robert Jenkyn, VP of digital solutions at Media Experts, adds, "We know from experience that this type of domination makes a huge impact in the market, and can lead to a spike in new accounts."

The campaign also includes OOH, online/search engine marketing and radio advertising for four to eight weeks. Ads can be seen or heard in Rolling Stone , CBC Radio, CBC.ca, the Globe and Mail, Men's Fitness, TSN.ca and La Presse.

With offices in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, Media Experts is one of Canada's largest independent media strategy and negotiation companies. ING Direct is one of Canada's largest direct banks with over 1.6 million clients.

The marketing team really needs to think about that one again. WIth its annoying noises which wanted to overpower my senses, it only pissed me off enough to not want to deal with ING at all.

Go back to the drawing board.

I'm not sure why more people don't use FireFox, though it would reduce ad revenue from clicks. It would just mean that advertisers would have to get more clever.

That said, not all sites work with Firefox (I sometimes still have to use IE for some things, especially multimedia), and most companies and institutions just use the pre-installed IE.

I'm not sure I like that kind of talk especially from a mod :)

BTW, best ad revenue day ever so it worked. Having said that I don't like those kind of ads either.

Back