News   Jul 23, 2024
 351     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 427     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Are Yonge and Sheppard retail stores Done For?

Is the location beside Friendly Greek spoken for? I think it was "Urban Oasis" or something like that, but has looked papered up/vacant for a while. I can't imagine it's up for redevelopment any time soon, since it was extensively renovated just a couple of years ago. East side of Yonge, south of Glendora.

Also was Sheppard E ever a consideration? I'm pretty sure I saw a few for lease signs there too.

Condo retail can work and does to a certain degree in this area ... there's high turnover but take a look at tridel's building just to south of the new construction (with a lot of vacancies) it's mostly full and it get's somewhat busy at various times of th week ... sushi joints / clothing joints / computer places / a few sit down dessert places (pretty crappy) ... either way, it can work.

Also, the units in pulse can be jointed ..... yes there's large scotia bank there now on the north part of the site (probably took up 2 or 3 units).

Ive driven by that unit a few times. I just cant really imagine people walking from the Gyms to south of sheppard to get there.....

Back