News   Apr 23, 2024
 77     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 289     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 507     0 

Are Social Media Websites like Facebook and Twitter becoming too powerful?

Not necessarily a social media network per se, but I'll just slot this here. Vice Media are reportedly preparing to file for bankruptcy.

Back in April, BuzzFeed News announced that they're shutting down.

Last edited:
And he’s now allowed back on Facebook.

I have to think that Twitter and FB have let Trump back on in order to keep him relevant into the 2024 elections, believing that Trump’s toxicity is the Dem’s best chances.
I think Musk let Trump back onto Twitter in hopes of getting more traffic on his troubled acquisition.

Not necessarily a social media network per se, but I'll just slot this here. Vice Media are reportedly preparing to file for bankruptcy.

Back in April, BuzzFeed News announced that they're shutting hown.

That's a shame. I quite liked a lot of Vice's reporting. Though I am not surprised. That kind of top-heavy org is ill-suiited to digital media.

That's a shame. I quite liked a lot of Vice's reporting. Though I am not surprised. That kind of top-heavy org is ill-suiited to digital media.

I wasn't necessarily a big fan of their reporting but I do watch a lot of their food content videos on YouTube like their Munchies and Chefs Night Out series. Also some of their older travel content with hosts like Eddie Huang and Charlet Duboc.

With that said, I did have trouble finding their operations to be sustainably profitable though.

Who looks to Meta for their news?

Paywall free: https://archive.is/n9txJ

I get my news from my NYT subscription and the BBC, not from Zuckerberg.

Won't all aggregators face the same problem?

His argument, I think, is that you don't need an aggregator.

Just link directly to Canadian news sites you trust.

In respect of Duck Duck Go, the idea, I imagine is that they commit to not collecting info on you, and if they don't know where you are, would not be subject to any financial penalty for returning a result.

Back