News   Apr 22, 2024
 789     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 672     0 

Are Social Media Websites like Facebook and Twitter becoming too powerful?

The heads of the woke generation are exploding on right now.

If you’ve got it spend it, I suppose. But Twitter’s annual revenue in 2021 was $5 billion (and $3.7 B in 2020), or about the same as the Olive Garden. Why would you trade Tesla shares for Olive Garden, I mean Twitter shares? This man’s going to end up like Howard Hughes.

If you’ve got it spend it, I suppose. But Twitter’s annual revenue in 2021 was $5 billion (and $3.7 B in 2020), or about the same as the Olive Garden. Why would you trade Tesla shares for Olive Garden, I mean Twitter shares? This man’s going to end up like Howard Hughes.

It wasn't for financial gain, nor is he a superhero championing free speech, he bought twitter to satisfy his own ego and to further his power and influence.

This is the same guy who spent like 90 million dollars blasting a stupid car into outer space.

It wasn't for financial gain, nor is he a superhero championing free speech, he bought twitter to satisfy his own ego and to further his power and influence.

This is the same guy who spent like 90 million dollars blasting a stupid car into outer space.
I stand behind my Howard Hughes prediction.

I do think Elon is not being very rational buying Twitter. It's a toy and he can afford to buy it.

The second point is not really a valid criticism. That launch was a demonstration launch of their heavy booster variant. Rocket companies never launch commercial payloads on experimental rockets. When testing the rocket, they need to test it with some test mass. They can be (and usually are) boring and launch a block of concrete. Musk saw it as a clever marketing opportunity and launched a car. Much of Musk's success is inspiring bright people to work for his companies, and that explains a lot of the publicity stunts he engages in.

I do think Elon is not being very rational buying Twitter. It's a toy and he can afford to buy it.

The second point is not really a valid criticism. That launch was a demonstration launch of their heavy booster variant. Rocket companies never launch commercial payloads on experimental rockets. When testing the rocket, they need to test it with some test mass. They can be (and usually are) boring and launch a block of concrete. Musk saw it as a clever marketing opportunity and launched a car. Much of Musk's success is inspiring bright people to work for his companies, and that explains a lot of the publicity stunts he engages in.

I think it goes beyond being a toy - I think it is a way to get into the good graces of the Republicans should they retake power; plus he had been using his account as a way to pump the market (and mobilize his fans) - keeping in mind the former got him into trouble with the SEC.

AoD

I think it goes beyond being a toy - I think it is a way to get into the good graces of the Republicans should they retake power; plus he had been using his account as a way to pump the market (and mobilize his fans) - keeping in mind the former got him into trouble with the SEC.

AoD
Musk has been quite critical of Trump, which doesn't really jive with him trying to ingratiate himself to Republicans.

Musk has been quite critical of Trump, which doesn't really jive with him trying to ingratiate himself to Republicans.

He really wasn't that critical of Trump (in fact, more than a few of his recent postings has been ingratiating himself to the Republicans) - and he has a whole bunch of things in the pipeline that is sort of dependent on at least non-interference from the latter should they take power.

AoD

Elon isn't shy about what side he is on. What ever he said about Trump, the Republicans will welcome him back with open arms. Elon can help move the party from craziness of the Trump era back to what they do best. Making the rich richer and fooling people into thinking they are the party of the poor, middle class and freedom.

Back