News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Arc Condo (Sheppard & Bayview, Daniels, 16s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

I see their making steady progress at the 'Daniels shipyard'.
The building looks more and more like a beached cruise ship each day...

The arc looks like a boat.....was that the point? I wonder if anyone named Noah is going to live there!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

here's another mls listing in the $400,000s for a 1+1!! what's going on here?? :eek:

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8280609

Are people f*cked ???

If I'm reading the listing right, it's 641 SF 1+1 for $410K ?!?
That's approx $640 PSF for North York ... I DON'T THINK SO ! ! !

Something is VERY WRONG if TO RE gets the $$$ they are asking and the Hamptons, a Long Island beach town about 100 miles east of Manhattan for the rich and famous, is only getting $400 PSF.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601214&sid=ara.OohrH91M&refer=invest

Last edited:
Are people f*cked ???

If I'm reading the listing right, it's 641 SF 1+1 for $410K ?!?
That's approx $640 PSF for North York ... I DON'T THINK SO ! ! !

Something is VERY WRONG if TO RE gets the $$$ they are asking and the Hamptons, a Long Island beach town about 100 miles east of Manhattan for the rich and famous, is only getting $400 PSF.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601214&sid=ara.OohrH91M&refer=invest
I have been saying this for quite some time. People are asking for top dollar and it seems like these units are getting sold. I've seen prices of a building I've beeen looking to purchase at grow by 10-20K every week. Don't know what's going on here but I guess if people are willing to grossly overpay then why not overcharge.

I understand buyers overpaying for a condo with a good location and good quality ... yes Arc's location is nice (subway @ Sheppard+Bayview), but Daniel's quality is far from 'good' ... are buyers out there on drugs ??

I understand buyers overpaying for a condo with a good location and good quality ... yes Arc's location is nice (subway @ Sheppard+Bayview), but Daniel's quality is far from 'good' ... are buyers out there on drugs ??

I'd dispute that Arc's location is great... it's literally right next to one of the biggest intersections in the city. Constant noise and gas fumes. The $410,000 asking price is outrageous.

I wonder how well the subway noise and vibration will be dampened in this building?

I was above ground level in a building at Bay/Bloor this afternoon, and I heard and felt the subway go by each time !

May 22 2009 update

finding myself @ Bayview Village on this particular evening ... Arc looks pretty nifty under the night lighting (my comment is limited only to the exterior, I have no expectations for Daniels' interiors)

The Bow
IMG_0522.jpg

The Stern
IMG_0523.jpg

Future drop-off area of Lower Lobby
IMG_0524.jpg

Roofs of New York Towers lighted up at night looking decent ~
IMG_0521.jpg

I am still not sure whether I like the building or not. Yes, the exterior seem to be nicely finished, but I find the ground floor doesn't address the street that well.

I do have to say though driving by in person, the building looks better.

Back