News   Jul 29, 2024
 313     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Aquaview (Westport) - Real Estate -

lswaz11

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just wanted to say the Aquaview Condos are going to be fantastic. If anyone has an opportunity this weekend you should check out the sales office. I did look at Beyond the Sea as well. You are right across the street from the Longbranch station. I understand that whole strip of of Lakeshore leading up to Port Credit will all be new condos in the next few years.

The Aquaview office is at Lakeshore just east of Brownsline or 416-252-AQUA.
Check it out for yourself. Yes I bought one.

Aquaview and Idea Condos

The Aquaview website doesn't have very much information posted, but they probably don't have to invest too much in advertising as their grand opening was July 21, and this weekend (Aug 4) they were at 70% sold. This is the first condo to go up in a string of developments in this area that are taking advantage of the $38 million invested in park development along the western waterfront. Below is a link outlining this revitilization:
www5.mississauga.ca/rec&parks/pdfs/wfps/draft_intro_3_boards_06_06.pdf
What`s great about Aquaview is that you still have the Toronto address, the Long Branch Station is directly across the street (including GO Train, TTC & Mississauga Transit) & the grocery store (No Frills) is within walking distance. Driving is totally optional. Even better, Marie Curtis park is on the other side of the street with direct access to the lake. I can`t think of another location in this city that had these kinds of amenities right outside your front door. We`ve already bought 2, and may go back to buy another! The Idea Condos office opens in September. I suspect prices in this area will soon explode. My advise to those of you out there on the fence - jump in now before it`s too late!

my advice to you: stop trying to sell such an ugly designed building! Seeing it in the latest Condo guide made me think I was staring at a 1995 development; barf.

The building has all these fake little cheap touches and is in the middle of nowhere! I'd rather pay $200,000 to live in a trailer park in New Jersey;)

Aquaview

Mr/Ms urbandreamer - art is relative, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For the most part I'll be enjoying the inside of my condo and the view of the lake from my window. I'd rather live in a nice low rise 16-storey "1995" builidng than, for example, the new style 50-storey Mississauga condo spiral tower, but that's just me. As far as being "in the middle of nowhere", as I stated before there is $38 million being invested into the area and every great location in the city starts off being "in the middle of nowhere", it's just having the knowledge to know when to buy. Enjoy your trailer park in New Jersey :p

Aquaview condo update: The first set of confiirmed possession dates came in starting in January 2011 through till March 2011.

If anyone is interested, there are some condos available for sale, including penthouse units at:
http://www.3865lakehore.com

Colour choices/upgrades are still available for most of the ones featured on the site

This video is from September 19, 2010:

[video=youtube;SuPBtA4N_aI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPBtA4N_aI[/video]

Has anyone else been affected by this unforeseen delay, with virtually no notice?! Supposed to take possession on Friday, Feb 4 and found out by accident that we're delayed for over another month. Still TECHNICALLY don't officially know!

Possession Dates

I have heard from a couple of other unit holders of short delays, though we took possession of our 5th floor corner unit on time. I think most of the units up to the 5th have had their interim closing. Beyond that, I'm not certain.

Which floor are you on?

----------------------------------
http://www.3865lakeshore.com

Last edited:
Possession Dates

I have heard from a couple of other unit holders of short delays, though we took possession of our 5th floor corner unit on time. I think most of the units up to the 5th have had their interim closing. Beyond that, I'm not certain.

Which floor are you on?

We're on 7. A lot of stuff going on with this building that's making me uneasy. Security letting contractors into friend's unit and leaving it completely unlocked, now this lack of notice on the delay... not impressed. I wonder how many people still think they're getting the keys on Friday and don't know it's been delayed yet. Checked mail today - still no official notice.

I would check with the property management company about the concern with access. As for the delays, I will try to get more info.

Surprise surprise.
We were given a new date of March 17th and upon checking in with them today for our PDI was told indirectly (through our lawyers, rather than replying to me) that it's been delayed. AGAIN.

Absolutely ridiculous.

*Update?

Hi, I was looking at purchasing a unit at Aquaview, I was curious if any current owners have moved in yet?

Is the building registered? If not, is there a target date?
Also, are the amenities up and running?

Thanks,

Matt

Back