News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 694     0 

Apple Store

Sorry I'm just a little confused.

Best location for what, are you referring to the Apple store?

They want 2 new stores, or just one? Is this the supposed flagship store. I love Yonge and Eg but it should be downtown if that's the case.

Yes, Apple store....Bloor W will be flagship store and Yonge-Eglinton will be infill street location.

That's great!

Any time line in place yet for either location?

Thanks for the info btw.

Hard to say, though both sites require considerable landlord work/development in order to facilitate an Apple store. We may consider alternate locations, yet still within both areas, that are somewhat 'ready' for occupancy....will update UT forum shortly.

Apple is looking to take 150 Bloor St W (in talks with landlord) next door to Burberry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there substantial available space at 150 Bloor West? It doesn't initially strike me as an appropriate location for an Apple flagship store.

All existing tenants at 150 Bloor would vacate the current space and the existing retail space would be redeveloped with Apple taking 2 levels...this would be similar to the space Brooks Bro. were to have taken, but that deal went nowhere. Bottom line is that the space would undergo substantial work in order to accomadate a flagship retail tenant.

I was in Montreal's Ste. Catherine St. flagship store last week where they had total control over the exterior, which I think owing to the structure here will be not be possible in our case. The Montreal store looks good, but does not have a very long presence along the street. It is maybe 50 feet wide? Impressively huge glass facade still... In any case, taking the entire front of 150 would allow Apple to make a splash here too.

Last edited:
Uh, due to the configuration of 150 Bloor, I can't see Apple taking over the whole first two levels, maybe just the Bloor end...

Apple is coming to Mississauga!

"The Toronto region must be oozing Apple customers, because the company has started construction on a fifth store for the area, this time inside the enormous Square One shopping in the suburb of Mississauga. The 1.7 million square-foot mall has 360 stores, including the one of North America’s highest-grossing Wal-Mart stores. A black construction barricade appeared on the second level of the mall in mid-February, adjacent to the Tommy Hilfiger stores. Now a tipster confirms that space #2-403 is indeed leased to Apple and will open this fall."

ugh, I had copied a link to the source, but accidently pressed control + c instead of command and c. (Im a new mac user) It was just another forum anyway.

They'll have to come up with some very creative rebuild of the existing retail space.

Apple is coming to Mississauga!

"The Toronto region must be oozing Apple customers, because the company has started construction on a fifth store for the area, this time inside the enormous Square One shopping in the suburb of Mississauga. The 1.7 million square-foot mall has 360 stores, including the one of North America’s highest-grossing Wal-Mart stores. A black construction barricade appeared on the second level of the mall in mid-February, adjacent to the Tommy Hilfiger stores. Now a tipster confirms that space #2-403 is indeed leased to Apple and will open this fall."

ugh, I had copied a link to the source, but accidently pressed control + c instead of command and c. (Im a new mac user) It was just another forum anyway.

At the risk of going off topic I never knew that miserable Wal-Mart at Square One was such a money maker. It's an unfriendly hole even by Wal-Mart standards.

But an Apple Store at Square One seems overdue. When I first revisited Square One a few years ago I was surpised not to see one there.

I was always very surprised that Apple opened a store in Sherway Gardens long before Square One. Square One has a much larger profile.

Sherway is a high end mall, Square One has a Wal Mart in it.
Apple targets wealthier demographics which are available en masse at Sherway.

Do Apple stores, in general, open earlier? I was at Fairview the other day, and Apple was open around 10 am, about an hour before the rest of the mall.

Back