News   Oct 04, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4K     5 

Any good Toronto stock market tips?

• Thread starter Any good Toronto stock market tips?
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Any good Toronto stock market tips?

I have 40 thousand dollars that I want to invest and I was thinking of purchasing some Loblaws shares.

Why?

Just because I thought that unlike banks, they are immune to rising interest rates.

Should I go for Loblaws, the banks, or something else?

If there are any professional money managers here, I'd appreciate an objective opinion...thanx...

Don't put it all in one place. Diversification is the name of the game. My suggestion, for what it's worth: three or four good mutual funds.

Why not seek out a professional money manager rather than looking around on message boards?

Index funds consistantly outperform the average mutual fund (and good luck picking the winners from the losers), have lower fees (much), and good medium term returns. That it mind, understand dollar cost averaging. Don't buy in all at once...

hy not seek out a professional money manager rather than looking around on message boards?

I can think of nobody better to ask about money matters than the Internet. I got 9 hot stock tips in my inbox yesterday alone.

And then there's this site, which might be the best site on the entire Internet:
www.giveusallyourmoney.com

Is this a new form of message board spam? or viral marketing by Loblaws? Though what they are selling or advertising besides Loblaws is beyond me.

Why ask strangers on a a strange board about Urban thoughts? Aren't there investing boards out there?

Did the 40 come from Nigeria? Some dead prince or another?

This isn't the first time on this forum that someone has complained that they have so much money lying around they don't know what to do with it.

Thanks

That's thank you to Observer Walt and Afransen.

The rest of you proved to be a waste of time.

I bought Loblaws at 52.30 and I will keep you all posted when I sell them at 70.30.

Don't hold your breath, it may be a while !

Re: Thanks

Loblaws won't do anything over the short/long term, your better off waiting a few months for a bigger dip in some of the bank stocks, they at least have a better dividend rate and an over-all better rate of return

Sure hope you are wrong. It's already at 52.69, so it's going up.

Amazing how you watch it when you put your money on it.

Now if it goes down, I guess I'll feel differently.

So Moderators,

How long will newbie lynnefoster be around?

She seems to be happy enough to call forum members a "waste of time" while asking for stock tips in a forum that has nothing to do with stock tips.

Check out some of her other ezboard postings, and you'll find she's a professional troll.

Wow, Loblaws is at $53 and climbing.

It looks like the competition is getting nervous !

LOLOLOLOL

Don't be an idiot interchange42. The moderator is busy buying Loblaws stock !

LOL
:rollin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back