News   Jul 25, 2024
 335     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 523     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 455     0 

Any French/Quebecois Communities in T.O.?

Johnny Crash

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some friends of mine from Quebec will be exhibiting their anthology and other work at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival in May.

Since their work is in French, I doubt many festival goers will be interested. To make the weekend less potentially miserable for them, I had the idea to post a flyer in areas that French people frequent.

Are there even any areas with a siginificant French population here?

There's some EQAO event happening at the Toronto Congress Centre these past few weeks--everytime I get on the Martin Grove bus I hear French being spoken--I suppose French teachers are marking student papers here....

Last year I was obsessed with finding the best French patisserie in Toronto. Judging by conversation, the most French speaking of them were Pain Perdu on St Clair West and several on Mount Pleasant. Maybe Mount Pleasant/Bayview around Eglinton is a French/Quebecois hot spot?

I have been thinking of this myself and I will broaden the discussion by asking: Are there any significant French-language communities in any City or Town in Southern Ontario? (Toronto and Niagara areas and W towards Windsor and Sarnia to be exact)

This has always interested me...LI MIKE

Last edited:
I know quite a few francophones who live in the Niagara/Welland area. The Centre Francophone is at Spadina & Lakeshore (ratty old brown building that I hear has been slated as a small condo development). I often hear French being spoken while I'm out and about in the city.

Back