News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 487     0 

Another photo to identify

rudy

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've got a collection of old photos and most of them I've managed to geographically locate. One has me - and a number of others - stumped.
College_Toronto_26-AG-7.jpg

It appears to be some institution - hospital maybe? I doubt that it is a college, even though it is named as such. Can anyone help me out? I do believe it is somewhere in the GTA - although I might be wrong. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• College_Toronto_26-AG-7.jpg
    College_Toronto_26-AG-7.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 740
I've got a collection of old photos and most of them I've managed to geographically locate. One has me - and a number of others - stumped.View attachment 2551
It appears to be some institution - hospital maybe? I doubt that it is a college, even though it is named as such. Can anyone help me out? I do believe it is somewhere in the GTA - although I might be wrong. Thanks in advance!

I think I saw this photo on another post and someone identified it as the old Toronto Tuburbculosis hospital - west of Jane Street, north of Eglinton Avenue.

I think I saw this photo on another post and someone identified it as the old Toronto Tuburbculosis hospital - west of Jane Street, north of Eglinton Avenue.

I think that this is correct. I believe it was on Tedder Street just North of Trethewey Dr. If you take a "birds eye" look at this area on Bing maps you can see what appears to be the same "Victory" houses shown in the foreground.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH...2OTU1MTkyODI2MjY1JTdlLTc5LjUwMTA2OTgzNTE2NjI=

Last edited:
I think that this is correct. I believe it was on Tedder Street just North of Trethewey Dr. If you take a "birds eye" look at this area on Bing maps you can see what appears to be the same "Victory" houses shown in the foreground.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH...2OTU1MTkyODI2MjY1JTdlLTc5LjUwMTA2OTgzNTE2NjI=

Rudy originally posted two pictures
Hello All -

I'm new to the forum and quite appreciate some of the discussion and photos that are posted.

I'm working on going through a large collection of oblique air photos taken in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. The photos are from around the country but most focus on southern Ontario. I am sorting through the photos of the Greater Toronto Area from the 1950s (the collection is so large that I need to limit myself).

I can identify and locate the features that are shown in many of the photos but some of them I am stumped. I am attaching a couple here for your consideration.

View attachment 1851
View attachment 1852

One (not this one) was identified as the Weston Sanitorium aka Toronto Hospital for Consumptives aka Weston San - which is now West Park Health Centre - located on Buttonwood Ave - off Jane, between Eglinton and Weston Road.

Peepers -

I looked at your suggested location but the houses don't seem to match up. If you look at the photo I posted you'll see that that are a number of houses facing the man street - that doesn't seem to be the case with the houses on Tretheway Drive - looks like there are side loops to that street. Also - the corner of the street in the foreground looks a little tighter than anything in that neighbourhood. also - the buildings appear to be a different style than the West Park buildings.

Back