News   Jul 23, 2024
 456     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 523     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.4K     3 

Angled Street Parking in Toronto

That's in Toronto, not Mississauga. The public has always called that a street.

Yes I am aware its in toroto, thats why I mentioned it, the other members on here are all aware its in toronto, the OP also knows its in toronto, why you assumed its in mississauga is what boggles my mind. have you not read my post or all the follow ups to it? how are you assuming i was talking about mississauga when the title clearly states "angled street parking in toronto" kingston road does not go into mississauga, its a very popular road, its in toronto, and pickering as well. every one also knows this, how you missed this also boggles my mind, were on a transportation and infastructure forums, you'd think we know our way arround cities, no? hmm.hm

Yes I am aware its in toroto, thats why I mentioned it, the other members on here are all aware its in toronto, the OP also knows its in toronto, why you assumed its in mississauga is what boggles my mind. have you not read my post or all the follow ups to it? how are you assuming i was talking about mississauga when the title clearly states "angled street parking in toronto" kingston road does not go into mississauga, its a very popular road, its in toronto, and pickering as well. every one also knows this, how you missed this also boggles my mind, were on a transportation and infastructure forums, you'd think we know our way arround cities, no? hmm.hm

You obviously didn't get my comment. I was saying that because you referred to it as former Highway 2 in Toronto, where people have a universal tendancy to call streets by there names, as opposed to that famous one in Mississauga, were we got into a debate about in another thread.

In the Junction, Mavety Street has angled street parking on one side between Dundas and Annette. Angled street parking used to be more common in cities small and large, and I've wondered why that was. Perhaps as more and more people were buying cars and moving to the suburbs in the 1950s through 1970s, it was to get people to shop in traditional main street retail areas, without being intimidated by parallel parking their land yachts of that era on major streets. I suppose there could have also been a traffic calming aspect as well to positioning parked cars that way.

You obviously didn't get my comment. I was saying that because you referred to it as former Highway 2 in Toronto, where people have a universal tendancy to call streets by there names, as opposed to that famous one in Mississauga, were we got into a debate about in another thread.

I get it, i get your point, but maybe you don't get mine, why don't you re-read what i post and if u dont get it, re-read it again, and maybe u will realize what i was saying ,everyone else got it.

Actually, the weird road/highway/feeder/access configurations and the practically barely-Toronto-at-all exurban nature of Highland Creek Village meant that the "Hwy 2" reference-point vernacular lasted a lot longer there--and likely still resonates quite powerfully among the old-timers going for their breakfast at Ted's...

Back