News   Jul 12, 2024
 964     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 362     0 

androiduk's My Toronto

Harvest Moon from yesterday.

harvestmoon.jpg

Very cool this one.

So are you one of those people who would rather pay $5 for the garbage water they sell at Starbucks?
Why do Tim's fans always assume that someone who does not like what they call coffee there is a Starbucks fan? I have always maintained that people who like Tim Horton's coffee do not actually like coffee (especially those that order the classic "double-double").

Why do Tim's fans always assume that someone who does not like what they call coffee there is a Starbucks fan? I have always maintained that people who like Tim Horton's coffee do not actually like coffee (especially those that order the classic "double-double").

I have a Tim's in my hand as I type. The addiction and the brainwashing are what keep me going back and it is a running joke with my wife and I that they never get the order right , oh sure they can handle my medium regular but throw in my wife's large steep tea , two milks and one sweetener and its like we are from another planet. McDonalds is better and have a more cooperative cup.

Now i skip the ridiculously long line ups at Tim Hortons and go to Mcdonalds for my morning coffee.

Original elevator in Oddfellows Hall, Yonge & College

elvtrodd.jpg

I love old elevators. I'll have to go and eyeball that one for sure. The former Public Storage building on College at Spadina has the oldest working freight elevator in the city. It's a beautiful old warehouse.
I doubt very much of it will remain once it becomes a condo.

Timothy Eaton Church on St. Clair. Does any other Toronto family have their own church ?

Cathedral of the Transfiguration built by Stephen Roman in Markham (Cathedraltown) could be considered one.

Mrs Roman, if still alive, has keys to Cathedral to pop in whenever the mood strikes. I wonder if the Eaton family has a set of keys? Another Roman family tidbit is that their house was built to withstand a nuclear war.

"Timothy Eaton Church on St. Clair. Does any other Toronto family have their own church ?" QUOTE androiduk.

The Dennison Family:
St Stephen in The Field. (Kensinington)

Gooderham:
Little Trinity. (King St E)

RegaRds,
J T

One of these was for sale awhile back. About a million they wanted for it...

My mom remembers these houses as ramshackle slums in the late 30s, early40s.

Back