News   May 14, 2024
 121     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 989     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Abercrombie & Fitch / Hollister

I think Square One will get an A&F once they find some space for one. Hollister will probably come to both Square One and Erin Mills.

During my interview at A&F someone asked why they chose Sherway instead of Square One to open in, and the rep said that Square One is basically not high end enough for a A&F store.
Although that was before all of the renos, so they may have changed their mind.
I do think a Hollister would fit better into Square One's demographic than a A&F store however.

A&F and hollsiter openenings

i disagree. i dont think a&f will open more locations of both hollister and abercrombie fitch.
they already have 4 hcos in gta and 2 afs. if you guys relaize, af likes to keep their brand somewhat exclusive and doesnt open in every single mall like american eagle.
even nyc doesnt have more than 2 or 3 abercormibes. and i dont think square one will be getting one anytime soon if they would. a&f will probably look at yorkdale (highest grossing mall in canada apparently with sales of 1000$ per square foot.) or fariview (opening hco already). no offense but i dont think square one is considered a mall that is "upscale". its just big with a lot of stores.
and erin mills ???? thats just ridiculous. they would never open at erin mills in , forever??? its like not even in the top ten malls in the GTA.

I hate Hollister. It's too pretentious to have a sign, and once you get inside and face the blasting music, dark corners and bamboo, you get those Vietnam flashbacks.

Yes I went into a store and it was jammed back.

It was hot, crowded, and the smell of fragrances almost made me faint.

I always have a blast walking into Hollister to have the 16 year old salesperson ask me if i'm ready to go back to school after spring break/summer break.

Sorry miss, because it is so dark in your store, you clearly can't see that i'm a 30 year old male who left high school 12 years ago.

i disagree. i dont think a&f will open more locations of both hollister and abercrombie fitch.
they already have 4 hcos in gta and 2 afs. if you guys relaize, af likes to keep their brand somewhat exclusive and doesnt open in every single mall like american eagle.
even nyc doesnt have more than 2 or 3 abercormibes. and i dont think square one will be getting one anytime soon if they would. a&f will probably look at yorkdale (highest grossing mall in canada apparently with sales of 1000$ per square foot.) or fariview (opening hco already). no offense but i dont think square one is considered a mall that is "upscale". its just big with a lot of stores.
and erin mills ???? thats just ridiculous. they would never open at erin mills in , forever??? its like not even in the top ten malls in the GTA.

Hollister has the exact same demographic as Aéropostale and American Eagle, so why wouldn't they open up at Erin Mills eventually? Guess is at Erin Mills, and it's more "high-end" than Hollister.

As for Square One not being high end enough for A&F? Um, hello? Square One does have "high-end" stores like FCUK, Artizia, Parasuco, Bebe, Geox, Marciano, BCBG MAXAZRIA, lululemon, Harry Rosen/Hugo Boss?

Might not be Sherway or Yorkdale, but Square One is probably third or fourth in terms of "high-end" stores.

Coach is open @ Square One

I went to the opening of the new Coach store at Square One last Friday. Very sexy. The carpet...not so much.

Louroz

Hollister has the exact same demographic as Aéropostale and American Eagle, so why wouldn't they open up at Erin Mills eventually? Guess is at Erin Mills, and it's more "high-end" than Hollister.

As for Square One not being high end enough for A&F? Um, hello? Square One does have "high-end" stores like FCUK, Artizia, Parasuco, Bebe, Geox, Marciano, BCBG MAXAZRIA, lululemon, Harry Rosen/Hugo Boss?

Might not be Sherway or Yorkdale, but Square One is probably third or fourth in terms of "high-end" stores.

i know what you mean by hco having the same demographic. but a&F doesnt necessarily care about that. look a the A&F FLAGSHIP store, located on fifth avenue, probably the most expesnvie and luxurious street in the world. do you think ppl who buy 4000$ burberry coats and carry 2000$ marc jacobs bags would buy 80$ sweat pants at a&f??? A&F co. has sort of a reputation to keep and an image. dont you think if they were looking for enormous profits they would open at yorkdale already and other malls.
im telling you, the dempgrahic of both stores shops at dozens of malls in the GTA, but abercormbie isnt a company like american eagle or even guess. they want exclusivness, meaning they only open in either the largest or most prestigous malls in a city.

erin mills. are you kidding?? eirn mills doesnt even make the top ten list of Toronto's biggest malls. the stores are much more lower-end.

and i can see what you mean by square one. i guess so. for some reason though i always had a grudge on square one. i think that it doesnt seem to have that luxurious or exciting quality of other malls. my cousins live in mississagua and agree that there may be nice stores in square one, but they tend to be smaller and not as well-stocked. my cousins detest square one. they shop at yorkdale sherway or eatons.

but in conculsion. i dont think abercrombie is looking at overflowing the toronto market. like i said. nyc has only 2 or 3 a&f stores. do you think Toronto, Canada will get any more than new york city, the home of abercormbie???

True if you go to a department store in Yorkdale Mall or Sherway Mall, they have such nice clothes.

Most of the department stores out here have crap.

i know what you mean by hco having the same demographic. but a&F doesnt necessarily care about that. look a the A&F FLAGSHIP store, located on fifth avenue, probably the most expesnvie and luxurious street in the world. do you think ppl who buy 4000$ burberry coats and carry 2000$ marc jacobs bags would buy 80$ sweat pants at a&f??? A&F co. has sort of a reputation to keep and an image. dont you think if they were looking for enormous profits they would open at yorkdale already and other malls.
im telling you, the dempgrahic of both stores shops at dozens of malls in the GTA, but abercormbie isnt a company like american eagle or even guess. they want exclusivness, meaning they only open in either the largest or most prestigous malls in a city.

erin mills. are you kidding?? eirn mills doesnt even make the top ten list of Toronto's biggest malls. the stores are much more lower-end.

and i can see what you mean by square one. i guess so. for some reason though i always had a grudge on square one. i think that it doesnt seem to have that luxurious or exciting quality of other malls. my cousins live in mississagua and agree that there may be nice stores in square one, but they tend to be smaller and not as well-stocked. my cousins detest square one. they shop at yorkdale sherway or eatons.

but in conculsion. i dont think abercrombie is looking at overflowing the toronto market. like i said. nyc has only 2 or 3 a&f stores. do you think Toronto, Canada will get any more than new york city, the home of abercormbie???

Oxford manages both Yorkdale and Square One. Don't you think if Oxford could they'd bring Abercrombie to both malls? Of course they would. It's Abercrombie's choice whether they do or not. Sure they might like to 'seem' exclusive. But if anyone thinks Abercrombie is Burberry or Marc Jacobs, then they need a good smack. Abercrombie is everywhere. It's such a fantasy that it's "exclusive" LOL. It may be overpriced, but it's definitely not "exclusive".

And I could definitely see a Hollister at Erin Mills. Erin Mills isn't Square One, but it's Mississauga's second mall. A Hollister could also open at Heartland Town Centre. In both cases, maybe not now, but once they open more stores, they definitely will. Over times our malls are getting less and less diverse, as everyone wants to be in every mall. More locations doesn't always = more money, but for most stores it does, to a point.

Abercrombie & Fitch grew up and is headquartered in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Ohio is the home of A&F, not New York. That of course goes for A&F subsidaries like its most important name Hollister.

American Eagle is based in Pittsburgh, PA with a new world headquarters in the South Side neighborhood just across the river from downtown. Its a quirky neighborhood and I recommend anyone stop by and shop at the location down there.

GAP/Banana Republic/Old Navy is based in San Francisco.

Aeropostale is based in New York though.

Since this is an urban oriented forum, here's a photo of the American Eagle new headquarters:

DSCN1671.JPG

Its integrated well with the community:

Dan%20Tour%202008_0193.JPG

Back