52     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 903     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Abercrombie & Fitch / Hollister

P

pw20

Anybody have any ideas where Abercrombie is opening. I assume Yorkdale... the other store?

They said they want five stores under both A&F and Hollister names, with one of the five in Edmonton. I'm guessing that'd be in West Edmonton Mall. But for Toronto, that means two Hollisters and two A&F. I'm guessing either Square One and Eaton Centre or Yorkdale and Eaton Centre. My natural conclusion would be Yorkdale. But do they even have any free space (even after the expansion)? It seems every space is filled, and something that high profile would want a great great space.

If anyone's interested, here's a snippet from Sherway Gardens' website regarding Abercrombie & Fitch and sister company Hollister. Hollister's also been confirmed on the Eaton Centre's website.

COMING IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS......watch for these fashionable new stores coming soon to Sherway Gardens.
Abercrombie & Fitch - at The Bay Circle
Aritzia - near the entrance to the Holt Renfrew wing
Hollister - in the Sporting Life wing near Door 6
Lululemon - just off The Bay Circle

The Hollister store has opened in Eaton Centre (the first in Canada).

Not yet. I don't believe that Hollister opens for another week or so. They have removed the hoarding, however, to reveal a remarkably ugly storefront.

Pricey Abercrombie & Fitch lands in thrifty Canada
By MARINA STRAUSS
Friday, January 20, 2006 Page B6

U.S. fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co. opened its first three stores in Canada yesterday, bringing its hip but pricey casual styles to a market known for its thrifty consumers.

In its first foray outside of the United States, Abercrombie launched one store under its namesake and two Hollister outlets -- which carry less expensive lines -- in the Toronto area, enjoying a "massive" response, said Tom Lennox, spokesman for the company.

"It exceeded our expectations tenfold," he said. "It's huge."

It plans another A&F in Toronto and one A&F and a Hollister in Edmonton this year, bringing to six the number of stores in Canada this year. "If the response continue as it has in the first day, we think there is a huge opportunity," he said.

Industry observers point to higher prices at A&F that may scare some penny-pinching Canadian shoppers away.

Still, the young affluent target customer will be drawn to the cachet of the A&F name, John Williams of retail consultancy J. C. Williams Group said. Many teenagers buy A&F apparel at its U.S. stores.

"It doesn't appeal to everyone," Mr. Williams said.

"Some may find it intimidating. They appeal to mid- to up-market young people."

Hollister serves a younger market at a lower price level -- 30 per cent lower than A&F.

It's similar to Gap Inc.'s divisions of higher-priced Banana Republic and mid-priced Gap stores.

Despite the higher prices, Abercrombie enjoyed a strong financial performance last year despite some tough years of declining or flat sales at stores open at least a year at the beginning of the decade.

The chain is known for its flashy, sensual marketing that tends to show a lot of flesh and sometimes attract a lot of controversy.

The Ohio-based retailer, with about 840 U.S. stores, has pitched thongs for preteen girls and published a R-rated magalog featuring naked models.

But it outperformed competitors during the past holiday shopping season with its focus on what it calls "casual luxury" for college-age customers who pay $198 (U.S.) for a pair of jeans and $250 for a hooded parka trimmed with faux fur.

ANF (NYSE) fell $1.26 to $61.70.

"a market known for its thrifty consumers."

"higher prices at A&F that may scare some penny-pinching Canadian shoppers away."

This is among the more explicit confirmations I've come across of a belief that I've held for a while: Canadians are cheap. No one loves 'getting a deal' more than a Canadian. (I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing.)

"The Ohio-based retailer, with about 840 U.S. stores, has pitched thongs for preteen girls and published a R-rated magalog featuring naked models. But it outperformed competitors during the past holiday shopping season with its focus on what it calls "casual luxury" for college-age customers who pay $198 (U.S.) for a pair of jeans and $250 for a hooded parka trimmed with faux fur."

Signs o' the times...

A & F / Hollister

In its first foray outside of the United States, Abercrombie launched one store under its namesake and two Hollister outlets -- which carry less expensive lines -- in the Toronto area, enjoying a "massive" response, said Tom Lennox, spokesman for the company.
Anyone know where these stores have openned?

Re: A & F / Hollister

Abercrombie and Hollister are located in Sherway Gardens

Re: A & F / Hollister

There's also a Hollister in Eaton Centre, but I reckon the two more they plan on opening initially (in the article) will be an A&F in Eaton Centre or an A&F and Hollister in Yorkdale. For Toronto's size, there's room for lots more.

Abercrombie adn Hollister

Two A&F stores:

Eaton Centre
Sherway Gardens

Soon to be 4 Hollisters

Eaton Centre
Sherway Gardens
Upper Canada Mall (newmarket)
Fariveiw Mall (opening soon)

abercrombie Kids

Sherway Gardens
Eaton Centre

I think Square One will get an A&F once they find some space for one. Hollister will probably come to both Square One and Erin Mills.

I read that A&F is looking at Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa and some other cities for expansion.. No mention of Montreal....

Bramalea City Centre

Exciting things happening at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton.

75 New Stores, New Gateway Entrance at the intersection of Queen Street and Dixie Road, Opening in 2010.

http://www.bramaleacitycentre.ca/redevelop.asp

I've only discovered this mall lately as one of my offices in located down the street on Clark, and I have to attend many meetings at the Regional building across the parking lot.

I always thought the mall was a bit of a joke, however ever since Mississauga's Morguard Properties took ownership and begun a massive renovation and expansion project, it is becoming a very respectable mall. The food court is one of the best in the GTA in my opinion.

Louroz

Back