News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 694     0 

A YUS Idea

Woodbridge_Heights's post was about the total ridership of Sheppard subway pushing towards 10K per hour, not just those riding Sheppard subway to York U.

Thank you.

Furthermore if you add the ~1500 passengers heading to York to the current ~5400 passengers currently riding the Sheppard subway then estimate the ridership heading to STC you start to see that my estimate isn't that far overzealous

Thank you.

Furthermore if you add the ~1500 passengers heading to York to the current ~5400 passengers currently riding the Sheppard subway then estimate the ridership heading to STC you start to see that my estimate isn't that far overzealous

I'm not sure you can add them together since discussions regarding demand are almost always referring to peak point demand. Current demand in that direction is very light to say the least. I also would not consider an overestimation of nearly 50% as "in the ballpark".

That would be a re-introduction.

Ehhh.... Somewhat correct. The 60 did see articulated buses, but I was aware artics ran on the routes from 1989 until 1991. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember. I remember the artics being used mostly on the Steeles East, and Finch East routes.

This is all I could find online:
After extensive road test, the TTC decided to take 90 new articulated buses at the cost of $28 million in 1987 for some busy routes such as Finch East Express 39C and 39E, Dufferin 29, Thorncliff 81, York University Express 106A and Steeles West 60C etc.
I don't remember them being used on the Steeles East local. Maybe the express.

Back