News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 926     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

9T6 (96 St. Patrick St., Camrost-Felcorp, 18s, Atkins) COMPLETE

Get yourself over to OCAD and have a sculptor make a cast of a person you worship/love; then take the cast to the appropriate company--plastics? arcrylic? glass? wicker? concrete?--and turn your body sculpture into a stunning 6 foot light fixture! A romantic embrace? Why cast it and torch it==let the flames of passion burn eternally!

If you've got the $ for a loft, you've got the time and $ to devote to special handmade furniture and fixtures.

need any more concepts? I've got an unlimited imagination, you've got the OCAD next door, someones got the talent, .....

Admittedly, I never paid any attention to this development. Suddenly I love it though... it's looking really cool!!! The glass is a really fresh colour.

What can we expect the base to be like? I would understand if there was no retail, given its context. Just slightly better than the 22 Wellesley base would be good. Atleast I know for sure (from a rendering) that the interior of the lobby is going to be very tasteful.

Will the concrete sides be cladded over to look like they are glass?

(Like the concrete wall facing Yonge Street on the MET which they covered in faux glass.)

From August 3rd

stpatrick2.jpg

stpatrick1.jpg

Here's hoping there's no reddish brick at the base of 9T6 - there's enough of it on that street already. That building is a welcome relief from the repetition of the Village by the Grange towers.

I like the glass, too. Makes the building feel light.

And I agree with interchange42 - no brick please! This would actually be a benefit to the surrounding brick-clad structures.

the facade of this one is too huge/similar, its too much of the same thing, its like... BAM! blue glass! the whole way across, and the whole way up... perhaps if the building was narrower/taller, it would be quite striking.

I still like the project, especially because of its scale, it fits very nicely into its location, but I'll have to wait and see if the appearance changes at all once the balcony glass is up.

Back