2.1K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4K     4 

9 Years Gone

• Thread starter Mystery White Boy 66
  • Start date
One hardly thinks that the credit music for The O.C. is art.

Thus, the paradox; as a self-styled "person of discernment",

Actually, that's your pose. I just like what I damn well please. I couldn't give a rat's ass about your wrapped-in-fau-academic-bafflegab opinions.

adma: 2 ap: 1.

And a red card to adma for confusing ap with me.

"One hardly thinks that the credit music for The O.C. is art."

AP watches the OC? :)

I did find it amusing that Season 1 ended with Jeff Buckley, Season 2 ended with Imogen Heap, and Season 3 ended with Imogen Heap butchering Jeff Buckley while the SUV butchered Marissa...classic TV, that. Deaths are rare on the OC so they wrench as much emotion as possible out of each one, not like 24, where deaths of main characters are so numerous that some don't even get the beloved silent clock.

Because, maybe as a overwrought reflex against whatever misfit-isolation and abuse you might have been subjected to as an 8-year-old in 1975, an 18-year-old in 1985, and whatever else, you've locked yourself sooo far into this style-discerning-to-a-fault freaking-snob-of-an-opera-queen world of yours, you've lost touch with a certain more dynamic and comprehensive cultural reality out there. Or else, said reality is too grubby and "hurts too much"; maybe reminds you of childhood trauma, etc

Couldn't you have just said "I disagree..."

Ah, never mind.

Who cares if the song was used in the O.C. Believe me, if Jeff was alive, none of his music would be circulating in popular tv shows or movies. Better yet, download Corpus Christi Carol. That truly shows how uniquely talented he was.

Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" was a cover of the Leonard Cohen original. The O.C. revolves around the Cohen family. Coincidence?

We watched the entire first season on New Years Day, and I got quite into the OC, but when i've caught subsequent episodes, it didn't thrill. I like the Jewish characters mostly, the rest I found hard to care about. California is interesting.

I admire Myster White Boy's "it's just about the music, man" consistency in this thread, when this thread has become about so many other things.

There's really only 1 Jewish character (1.5 if you include Seth, although the only time he ever brings it up is during Chrismukkah or when there's a good joke to be shared, and 1.6 if you include the Nana, whose appearances are rare).

Seth is full on Jewish i think. At least, for me, he embodies all the reasons i wish i was jewish, and not just distantly semetic.

Seth is 1/2 WASP, 1/2 Jewish, although I'll admit he looks more than 1/2 Jewish.

Er, I mean, full on jewish sensibility, imho. but what do i know from jewish....

"Er, I mean, full on jewish sensibility, imho."

Oh, I agree completely, I guess. Kirsten is his mother, but he is clearly Sandy's son above all else. That's contributed to her drinking problem.
air30.gif

Back