877     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 725     0 

724 Sheppard West (Allegra Homes, 4s, ?) COMPLETE

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Could not find a thread for this. Hardly stunning and should have been taller but some decent infill nonetheless.

City of Toronto Final Report

2011_08_16_01_49_13_724sheppard.png

724-Sheppard-rear.jpg

724-Sheppard-Ave-W-plan.jpg

I wish they'd given Icon Architects the gig. That crew is producing some of the best proposals I've seen in Toronto lately. I have this idea that Post War Toronto should receive the majority of modern-style projects because it'll have the greatest impact there. Finch or Sheppard should reflect the idea of the Avenue today, not in 1930.

Avenues

I wish they'd given Icon Architects the gig. That crew is producing some of the best proposals I've seen in Toronto lately. I have this idea that Post War Toronto should receive the majority of modern-style projects because it'll have the greatest impact there. Finch or Sheppard should reflect the idea of the Avenue today, not in 1930.

Not only Finch & Sheppard , but Wilson Ave., Lawrence Ave . West , Steeles Ave. East , and many , many others...

^Of course. Basically Lawrence Avenue and north from Keele to Bayview and further. Bold modern architecture with retail at grade (not necessarily everywhere), fantastic modern street furniture and lighting, etc. Especially 4-12s buildings. Even 2s commercial buildings in areas where there's nothing but grim parking is a better short term solution than waiting for another 5 million people to move to Toronto.

Avenues

Could have been a whole lot worse.

..But could have been much , much better!

Short term thinking had created those , so called , Avenues , lined up with tiny bungalowes for miles & miles...

It is not only ugly & unurban , but enviromentally devastating !

I saw the streetview on google maps and instantly this song popped into my head:

[video=youtube;x2KRpRMSu4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g&t=1m10s[/video]

Teenage waaaaaasteland.

Streetsview

Excellent song!
Much more exciting , than streetsview...

Last edited by a moderator:
This building on Christie Street looks strikingly similar to 724 Sheppard.

IMG_3436.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 290

Back