News   May 09, 2024
 188     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 461     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.8K     4 

700 Club's Pat Robertson: Decapitate Chavez

bizorky:

I had heard that Pat's wife was preggo before they were married. I guess Pat would qualify himself as an "over-exuberant hetero family man bent on producing consumers with a good Christian girl who was not yet his wife." I guess Pat was always a little "libertated."

I guess he is just taking the phrase "Go forth and multiply" to its' logical conclusion! :rollin

GB

I guess he is just taking the phrase "Go forth and multiply" to its' logical conclusion
Turgidson:

Doctor, you mentioned the ration of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Strangelove:

Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

DeSadeski:

I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

Strangelove:

Thank you, sir

stranglove19.jpeg

Pat Robertson Backs Off Assassinational Call
E-Mail This
Printer-Friendly
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: August 24, 2005
Filed at 4:04 p.m. ET

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) -- Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson insisted Wednesday that he did not call for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, despite comments broadcast on his program two days earlier.

''I didn't say 'assassination,''' Robertson said Wednesday on his Christian Broadcast Network show ''The 700 Club'' about remarks reported by The Associated Press and other media outlets.

''I said our special forces should 'take him out.' 'Take him out' could be a number of things including kidnapping.

''There are a number of ways of taking out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP, but that happens all the time.''

But a video of Monday's telecast shows that Robertson's exact words were: ''You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don't think any oil shipments will stop.''

He continued: ''We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.''

When the AP called Robertson on Tuesday for elaboration, spokeswoman Angell Watts said Robertson would not do interviews and had no statement about his remarks. On Wednesday, Watts did not respond to two telephone messages, three pages and a fax seeking further comment.

Chavez, whose country is the world's fifth-largest oil exporter, has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush. He accuses the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

On Tuesday, the State Department called Robertson's remarks ''inappropriate.''

More Articles in National >Subscribe to The NY Times Electronic Edition: $12.50/8 Weeks

So I guess Robertson does not suggest taking Chavez out on a date.

I am sure Jesus would approve of Robertson's beliefs and behaviour.

GB

He clearly called for an assassination and the fact that he has the gumption to lie shamefacedly lie when his words were broadcast publicly is incredible.

It is funny that he keeps calling Chavez a dictator when he was elected by the Venezualan people... but despite calls for "freedom and democracy" the American record in Latin America, especialy in the seventies and eighties, is to assassinate duly elected leaders (like Allende in Chile) and prop up right-wing dictators that try to oppress and exterminate union leaders, students and native populations. (Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Argentina, Chile, Brazil etc. etc. )

Looks like Pat Roberston is living in the past... he even quotes the Monroe doctrine and the "American" zone of influence... I think Pat is still living in the Cold War. Time to retire Pat.

Venezuela offers fuel, food to hurricane-hit US

Mon Aug 29, 7:56 PM ET

CARACAS (AFP) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez offered to send food and fuel to the United States after the powerful Hurricane Katrina pummeled the US south, ravaging US crude production.

The leftist leader, a frequent critic of the United States and a target himself of US disapproval, said Venezuela could send aid workers with drinking water, food and fuel to US communities hit by the hurricane.

"We place at the disposition of the people of the United States in the event of shortages -- we have drinking water, food, we can provide fuel," Chavez told reporters.

Chavez said fuel could be sent to the United States via a Citgo refinery that has not been affected by the hurricane. Citgo is owned by Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA).

In the Gulf of Mexico, which accounts for a quarter of total US oil output, 92 percent of crude and 83 percent of natural gas production were shut down due to Hurricane Katrina, which slammed Louisiana and Mississippi, according to US government data.

Venezuela is the fourth-largest provider of oil to the United States, supplying some 1.5 million barrels a day.

Last week, Chavez offered discount gasoline to poor Americans suffering from high oil prices and on Sunday offered free eye surgery for Americans without access to health care.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

yup, this chavez dude is bad news. :rolleyes

Back