550 Wellington West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

I won't give up, I will fight on every little thing that is wrong. I have decided to simply go through Tarion as Freed doesn't really seem to care.

Ka1

A word of suggestion, if I may.

Perhaps, you might wish to let Freed know that you could write a letter to The Editor, condos section of Toronto Star. And you should read up the Saturday Star's condo section and determine who you could write such a letter -- just in case.

You will have to give Tarion a year end list of deficienes. But I wouldn't hope for too much. As the previous post stated, be ready to go the next option.

Please, keep us posted.

I won't give up, I will fight on every little thing that is wrong.

You have 5 years from the day the building is registered to have all deficiencies fixed.
If the developer were Atria or Navhar Properties, they will string you along for 5 years, making promises and doing nothing, until they can legally walk away.

I moved in 8 days ago and so far I love my unit. I also had a list of defeciencies from the PDI that was quite extensive. All of the 'major' deficiencies (big chip in the corian countertop) were repaired when I moved in, and the minor ones are being repaired slowly but surely. I am really pleased with the unit and - all in all - the extensive list was due to an extremely thorough PDI - recording tiny scratches etc.

There is construction, but really a little patience is needed, the sooner they complete the building the sooner we are registered.

A friend bought pre-construction at 66 Portland (another Freed Building) and she said that the customer service with regards to deficiency reconciliation was excellent. Hopefully we will recieve the same at 550!

I moved in 8 days ago and so far I love my unit.

Good to hear! Can you post some pics? What do the hallways look like?

For those that got parking, when was it assigned to you? Are you happy with the location?

Does anyone have an idea of the location of the gym in the building? Will it be a full gym?

Also, any news on retail?

Also, any news on retail?

I live in the neighbourhood and am also curious about the retail here. I would think with a high profile building like this with a hotel etc., they would want to get that retail space filled ASAP. I think someone on here mentioned The Keg, which sounds a little strange for here. I believe there is also space for a Fresh & Wild-style grocery store or coffee shop in addition to a restaurant, right?

I won't give up, I will fight on every little thing that is wrong. I have decided to simply go through Tarion as Freed doesn't really seem to care.

You abviously have never purchased pre-construction before...you sound like a little bitch. Relax dude. I hope to God you don't seek a board position...

You abviously have never purchased pre-construction before...you sound like a little bitch. Relax dude. I hope to God you don't seek a board position...

You should hope to have someone on the board that has an attention to detail and is willing to fight on your behalf.

Hallways: Beam style wall sconces (think multiple flourescent light tubes mounted vertically on the walls) Amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product once the carpet is laid and the hallways are completed.

Resto-Rumours: I have heard high end Italian, and a Japanese restaurant.

We have several deficiencies yet to be repaired, but generally it is not so bad...and I am very particular. The construction folks have treated us politely and have respected our privacy and peace and quiet. Slowly but surely the deficiencies are being reconciled as we bring them to thier attention.

Positives to report! The sound insulation between units is excellent - not a peep. Also, nearly no street noise - the glass barely transmits any sound. The elevators are very speedy and the tile work being done in the lobbies to the parking garage is lovely too. Unexpected 'nice touches'.

Positives to report! The sound insulation between units is excellent - not a peep. Also, nearly no street noise - the glass barely transmits any sound. The elevators are very speedy and the tile work being done in the lobbies to the parking garage is lovely too. Unexpected 'nice touches'.

Great news! The hallways do look awesome....you can see them if you use the pedestrian walkway and look through the glass on the door on the east side.

Glad the elevators are quick and the units are soundproof! Can we be expecting any photos anytime soon :cool:

Did you get the square footage you thought you bought?

:mad: 550 Wellington: when looking at your floor plan, you may notice a large pink square footage number in the upper left corner. On mine it says "641". Upon closer inspection of the floor plan measurements and a few quick calculations -- my condo - which I WAS TOLD was 641 square feet -- wait for it -- is only 531.

What happened to the missing 100 square feet you ask? Well my friend - that would be out on the balcony. So if you thought you paid X per square foot. Think again. Please check your floor plans, do the math with and without the balcony and see how it adds up. (It won't be easy because its not clear what measurements go with what walls)

I suspect that the same is true for all units. Talk about false advertising. Please post your results on here so we can see if the misleading floor plans of the 641 sq ft units are true for ALL 550 units - oops -- I meant 55 STEWART. God save us from greedy developers!

:mad: 550 Wellington: when looking at your floor plan, you may notice a large pink square footage number in the upper left corner. On mine it says "641". Upon closer inspection of the floor plan measurements and a few quick calculations -- my condo - which I WAS TOLD was 641 square feet -- wait for it -- is only 531.

What happened to the missing 100 square feet you ask? Well my friend - that would be out on the balcony. So if you thought you paid X per square foot. Think again. Please check your floor plans, do the math with and without the balcony and see how it adds up. (It won't be easy because its not clear what measurements go with what walls)

I suspect that the same is true for all units. Talk about false advertising. Please post your results on here so we can see if the misleading floor plans of the 641 sq ft units are true for ALL 550 units - oops -- I meant 55 STEWART. God save us from greedy developers!
How did you not know that? C'mon man.

Edit: I'm assuming they told you the interior space was 641? You didn't just assume the number represented interior space, right? If they told you the interior space was indeed 641 and the actual space is 100 sqft shorter, that's some shady ass business.

Last edited:

This is disturbing and depressing news, but I am going to tell myself that you did you measurements in CM instead of inches so your measurements are off by a factor of 2.54! ;P

But really....what does Freed have to say about all this? I hope he is aware that his selling agents at the time also thought that number in the marketing floorplans was an interior number too and were selling it as such.

Ok, everyone take a deep breath. What is likely happening is that you are measuring from the inside dimensions of the interior walls which is not how they do it. You also have to take into account the entire depth of exterior walls.

Here is the link for Tarion bulletin (22) that governs how these measurements are made, and as you can see, the balcony is not included for calculations done under high rise unit. Read this and then determine your new sq.ft. and see if they are within the allowed 2% variance. Please report back.

S'Bus.

www.tarion.com/NR/rdonlyres/3C403E96-AAFE.../Bulletin22.pdf

The floorplan shows clearly 641 sq ft including interior walls, I am not sure how you are doing your calculation.

Back