550 Wellington West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

I am very concerned that they are forcing me to take occupancy next week with the building not even close to finished, the outside is still a construction zone. Will I have to wear a hardhat getting in and out of my condo?

I am very concerned that they are forcing me to take occupancy next week with the building not even close to finished, the outside is still a construction zone. Will I have to wear a hardhat getting in and out of my condo?

If your particular unit is habitable (liveable) as per City of Toronto guidelines, then, the developer is within its rights to ask you to take possession of the unit.

Basically, as long as a unit has working heating/air-conditioning, plumbing, windows to keep the elements out, you can get in and out of the unit by stairs (Note: elevators need not be working) and fire alarm system is working a unit is liveable.

The City must have really been in bed with developers when the applicable legislation was passed. It's a joke that I should have to start paying ghost rent when I can't even go outside without fear of falling objects. Additionally, they want me to take occupancy several days before the cable company will even come in to set up cable and internet (rogers says the building isn't registered in their system to be ready for service until the 18th and the freed wants me to take occupancy on the 14th).

"the developer is within its rights to ask you to take possession of the unit."

I'm not questioning the legality of Freed asking me to take occupancy. I'm venting about the ridiculous laws that allow them to do so.

Last edited:
"the developer is within its rights to ask you to take possession of the unit."

I'm not questioning the legality of Freed asking me to take occupancy. I'm venting about the ridiculous laws that allow them to do so.

Money, money, money, it's all about it

We were first in our building and it was not fun. Looking at the positive, when the construction workers go home at night, you can rummage around the other suites and take a look at how your suite was built (or not built). Explore.

STAY OUT OF MY UNIT!

lol,
what about kids? I have a 1-year old, is he expected to wear a hard hat?

oh, and the elevators better be working :)

not till next month (Jan21st - 6th floor)
I'm sure the building will be that much better in a month and a half

I checked out Craft Burger a few months ago and I totally don't see what the fuss is about. My bun was hard, burger flavourless, and toppings were expensive. Maybe try the Gourmet Burger Co on parliament, they were seriously good!

Back to this hotel, so the delays have been about 4 months in total from your official move in date given back when the roof assembly was complete?

Back